Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

strong team tonight

Options
  • 26-09-2007 9:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭

jol has picked a strong team tonight and boro look they're a few players of a decent team.
    it's only a matter of time before we score........... isn't it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

comfortable enough from what i heard on the radio even though boro had a good spell early in 2nd half.Defoe substitution greeted with chorus of boos.Yet again though he failed to score when given a start he is not helping his own cause!what do others think.It could be argued he is more dangerous coming off the bench when the game is already in the bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,585 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Jol was right to substitute Defoe, he missed a bag load of chances, the Boo's were uncalled for, fickle spurs fans again, and Defoes reaction was just childish. As Robbie laid on the pass for the first goal it was a great decision by Martin Jol.

Snake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

Our strikers just can't score - Defoe suffered from what all Our strikers have been suffering from, missing great chances! He had at least 3 chances to score, 2 very good! I am not sure about the sub, I think he brought Keane on to score and he didn't! Once again of the 3 stickers we had on the Field, NONE of them scored - That is by biggest worry. I only saw the highlights, but I didn't see Berb or Keane even have a strike at goal, berbs looked like he was playing way to deep. Bale was class, Hudd, well besides the goal and a blatant yellow card foul I didn't see him do much. Again, I didn't think it was a great performance against a very weakened Boro - They had a couple of really good chances to score and again our defense looked lacking. I think a full strength Boro would have beaten us. We really need our strikers to score, and our defenders to defend better, and a little more life out of the midfield. Sorry but I wasn't enthused by the performance, nothing that would suggest we are on a role and should beat Villa comfortably anyway. being a bit pessimistic I know, but I am just going on what I saw (on the highlights) last night, maybe someone who was at the game can tell me better? Yes we had the ball a lot, but we didn't score until late in the game and they could/should have scored at least one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

The result was the main thing.
    A rare clean sheet too.
    Hopfully this will kick start our season (probabaly won't though).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,585 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Keano's playing to deep, Defoe doesn't work hard and should have buried half a dozen last night but he didn't, I don't blame Jol for substituting him. Bent, worst bit of business this summer, 16 million down the Toilet, I blame our director of football for that fiasco

• Advertisement
Advertisement