Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i know what i want just nobody else does!!!(pinup)

Options
  • 26-09-2007 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

im about to get my first tatto and for a few years i have had the tought of a 50's pinup style tatto in my head just when i try and explain it nobody seems to understand what im picturing,

anybody else had this problem?

oh ye anybody else got a pinup?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

just go to an artist and ask for a pin up tattoo, most places should know what you are talkin about

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭vespahead

do u reckon i've never seen one in real life on anybody over hear

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

My friend has one. And I know another that has two. And another that has one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

Gil Elvgren. is a famous pinup artist hopefully you'll find some stuff you like on his site. This site seems to be pretty good for finding more info on loads of pinup artists.

xtruthx

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

doesn't one of the girls at the desk in celestial ring in stevens green have one?

****. just remembered id meant to pop in there today for jewellery.
    gah.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

http://www.thepinupfiles.com/

Best place on the net for pinup art.Print a few off and bring it to your artist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

narco wrote:
    doesn't one of the girls at the desk in celestial ring in stevens green have one?

****. just remembered id meant to pop in there today for jewellery.
    gah.

One of the piercers has two pinup girls (one on each calf) done by Jani. I've seen a few of his pinup girls and there pretty good.

xtruthx

They're very good. He did my friends one on her arm and it's loverly. But her face is a tad off. But it's a wonderful piece of ink.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

Jani has done a load of them, and they are actually quite common here vespahead :/ I'm a bit baffled as to how you've never seen one!

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Sean7

Yeah, I'd recommend Jani in CR too, I know a couple of people who got one from him, they looked pretty good.

• Advertisement

On the which, as everyone at the beers knows I've had an idea for my next piece. I've always wanted a proper 50's pin up. So I thought about it some more and was like, of a full Dita Von Tesse pin-up on my right calf'd be beautiful. And then I went one step further (Call me vain, but I think it's kinda original.). I was thinking of getting a tattoo of me as a 50's pin up and putting my ink that I currently have onto her/my body.

Any thoughts? Does it come across as vain out of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

I think it's a ****ing cool idea! I was actually thinking about it on the bus home the other night, and the only thing that really crossed my mind is that it might become a bit depressing when you're older and you start to realise you don't look like that anymore. On the other hand, that could be a good thing in that it reminds you of your beautiful youth and how you used to be and stuff. Hard to say really, but then you don't seem like one to be bothered about that sort of thing so I doubt it'll make much difference to you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

nah, fantasy, that is an awesome idea. i particularly like the letting key draw it bit, that does make it that bit better :) and as for vain... nah, never crossed my mind really, i just wish id the sort of confidence you do :)it's a really good idea, but i have only one problem...

does that mean that the pokemon sleeve is going by the wayside?

Advertisement