Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New build, opinions please!

Options
  • 26-09-2007 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭

I'm getting a new build with a friend of mine. I've settled on a few parts but I'm unsure of a few things.

So far I'm gonna go for a Q6600 chip, 8800 GTS 320MB gfx card, 2gigs 6400 RAM and harddrives etc.

So the things I'm unsure about are what motherboard to get (nothing fancy needed) and whether or not I'll need to get a seperate CPU cooler. I know the quad cores run hot but atm I'm not gonna overclock or anything straight away.

Also I'm ordering a good bit of stuff (cases, monitors and the components), will Hardwareversand.de charge me much more than the regular E30 delivery charge or whats the story?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Ruffty^

I think you should get a mobo that your Q6600 chip, 8800 GTS 320MB gfx card, 2gigs 6400 RAM and harddrives fit into.
    Dunno about your other questions..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Runnin @ stock, the intel cooler should be fine, look in2 it again when you're plannin on overclocking, but keep overclocking in mind when you pick a case, choose one with good airflow & 120mm fans & pick a good quality 600w psu from a reputable manufacturer.

Whats your budget for your motherboard?
    Thumbs up for the Asus p5k Deluxe, got it & v happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

if you want to overclock in the future you will need a fancy board. Afformentioned Asus is apparently quite good.

As for delivery charges it will be 30 plus a small percentage of total cost, its not bad really just make up the order and order it it will tell you the full price before you confirm.

Advertisement