Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Privatised Speed Cameras

Options
  • 26-09-2007 9:49pm
    Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭

anyone know when they are arriving? I thought they were meant to be out there around now.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Was wondering the same myself.
    3 months overt starting in September then hiding in the bushes.

Another election promise?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

We did tender for supply of the vans about 3 months ago. Haven't heard anything since so we either didn't get it - or they still haven't made a decision yet.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

3 months ago?
    It would take many months to get the infrastructure set up etc. so it indicates (yet again) really bad planning on behalf of the authorities!

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭NBar

Don't worry they are not loosing revenue so wait til they arrive and the revenue will increase big time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Just pretend they are there, and that you are all great drivers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭I.S.T.

Last I heard the closing date for tender was extended until end of September. So again the Government get the finger out and review all the tenders and award the contract, I'd say it will be late next year until we start seeing any new fixed cameras.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

God, I hope you're right. All this effort to make up big numbers. They haven't let the Traffic Corps do speed checks in ages, all checkpoints. This means they'll have a big jump in fines, all good PR.

Fianna Fail trash, they don't care about lives, just more figures.

Advertisement