Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia E65 battery life

• 26-09-2007 10:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,006 ✭✭✭

Would 2 days sound normal for the battery life if just used normally? Wifi is off and bluetooth. Wife only gets around 2days with normal use. Anyone know how long she should get from battery at full charge...Would using it as an alarm drain battery if if shut off at night.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

About 36 hours is all I get. My mate has one too and it's the same. You need to charge it every night in my experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I get 2 days out of mine with BT on all the time (about 1 hour per day connected to a car kit), no WiFi but plenty of calls, and some internet access for email/news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,006 ✭✭✭mad m

So I suppose its the norm...Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭wirelessdude

my worst experience with the e65 battery is...taking it off charge at 8:20am and having no battery left at 2:25pm.....change it over to GPRS rather than 3G and that usually gives me at least an extra 1.5 to 2hrs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭srdb20

Seriously lads is the E65 battery that bad, i was looking to get one of these on the weekend, but im not so sure now!

Can you get an upgrade to the battery?

Is it the same for everyone or just some phones?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

The talk time is quoted at 6 hours so yeah, it is the norm. I generally have to charge my phone every day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭srdb20

This is Sh1t, i was going to get one of these, now i dont know what m going to get!!!

Any reccomendations???

or would people still reccomend getting the E65 (and hoping for a better battery)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

I'd defo recommend getting the E65. I got it about 3 weeks ago and it is the best phone I have ever owned. I was looking to spend 600 on an N95, but I got the E65 cos my old phone broke and I didn't have the money to spare for the N95. Has some great features and you can install Google Maps and Nokia Maps on it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,006 ✭✭✭mad m

Minto wrote:
    Has some great features and you can install Google Maps and Nokia Maps on it!

How do you do this?

www.google.com/gmm is where you get Google Maps Mobile

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭anthony4335

That battery life is not right ,had an N73,and got 4 plus days with bluetooth left on, connecting to the car every day for on average an hour each day.Don't make may calls, but use the browser several times a day. I'd have some one in 3 confirm this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

I have an N95 which uses the same battery and i can get 2 days with WiFi on 90% of the time.

A couple of things to check are,
    Make sure bluetooth is off
    Make sure gprs \ 3g connection is set to on demand (otherwise the radio is always on and it wastes battery)
    Set the backlight timeout to turn of quickly
    Unless you need it turn off WiFi scanning (both on the standby screen and from menu -> Setting -> Connection -> Wireless Lan)

With wifi on? Or in use?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

ciaranfo wrote:
    With wifi on? Or in use?

I assume this is for me. It's with Wifi connected and a SIP client running, which registers every minute and making a couple of calls over WiFi

Advertisement