Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Messi!! Barca v Zaragoza

• 26-09-2007 10:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭

He has to be the worlds greatest player. I'm watching Barca v Zaragoza on Sky sports now and he just scored another wonder goal.

He's started the season off like a house on fire!

edit: 1-1 now. Great goal from Zapater. Wonderful passing move.

double edit: 2-1 Barca now.....Messi again!:D What a feckin game!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,081 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Nunu wrote:
    He's started the season off like a house on fire!
    Falling apart and collapsing in on himself, with loads of people trying to escape through every orifice?

Sorry, couldn't resist :D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

He's no Titus Bramble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

3-1 now after 22 mins - Iniesta. 'Total team goal' as described by commentator.

Edit: 4-1, Marquez just on half-time heading in rebound from sublime Deco free kick which came back off the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

awesome first half from barca, killer stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Nice to see I'm not watching it on my own and someone else is revelling in this aswell:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

also watching...

this is the first time that I'm actually prepared to say that Messi actually is the new Maradonna.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

http://www.d1g.com/video/show/1416359

:)

101greatgoals.com = best site everererererererer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Also watching

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

is it true no ronaldhino?

did anyone say why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

ntlbell wrote:
    is it true no ronaldhino?

did anyone say why?
    He's buying his contract out and going to Chelsea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Or injured. Depends which paper you read.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

DesF wrote:
    He's buying his contract out and going to Chelsea.
    It'll get the rumour mill going alright!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Messi can officially be described as ****ing scary. The problem with him is that he seems to really turn it on when it's needed. Good luck to people beating Barca in the CL this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

PHB wrote:
    The problem with him is that he seems to really turn it on when it's needed.
    That's not a problem for Barca though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭fortuneg

That first half was unbelieveable, pitty they couldn't keep it up for the second.
    And it was all without the major backbone of the team (Puyol, Ronaldinho & Eto'o)
    If those three can gel with the new arrivals that team'll be a force to be reackoned with.

The Sky commentators are always raving about Bojan & Giovanni Dos Santos (admittadly I've only seen a handful of sub appearances by them) but I have yet to see either of them do anything noteworthy (let alone anything to suggest they are the new Messi & Ronaldinho, seems to me like the sky guys don't have a clue either & just figure since they look vaguely similar they must be clones)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Bojan is pure class. He's only like 16 or 17 and he's been put in the first team, and everytime I've seen him he looks great for such a young lad.

... everytime I've seen him ...

When have you seen him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Pre-season friendlies, and some Barca youth matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,081 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

dos santos did look good as well in pre season, saw him playing in the messi position, got a savage goal and an assist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

Bojan is pure class. He's only like 16 or 17 and he's been put in the first team, and everytime I've seen him he looks great for such a young lad.
    This fella is supposed to be scarily good! From what i've read about him he'll be unstopable!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

fortuneg wrote:
    That first half was unbelieveable, pitty they couldn't keep it up for the second.
    And it was all without the major backbone of the team (Puyol, Ronaldinho & Eto'o)
    If those three can gel with the new arrivals that team'll be a force to be reackoned with.

The Sky commentators are always raving about Bojan & Giovanni Dos Santos (admittadly I've only seen a handful of sub appearances by them) but I have yet to see either of them do anything noteworthy (let alone anything to suggest they are the new Messi & Ronaldinho, seems to me like the sky guys don't have a clue either & just figure since they look vaguely similar they must be clones)

It's not just the Sky commentators. Absolutely everyone in Barcelona is raving about him. This may have something to do with the fact that he's Catalan but he's definitely a great prospect. I think Barcelona's hand has been forced a bit with regard to young prospects. They don't want to lose another Fabregas or Pique so they have to give lads a chance early on. There's something about Bojan that I think he'll be a big hit in a year or two. He's certainly not short on confidence anyway!

Dos Santos looks a decent player aswell but I haven't really seen that much of him (not that I've seen that much of Bojan either).

Messi is definitely going to have an unbelievable season (barring a serious injury) but so is Iñiesta. Anybody see when he controlled a long pass by flicking it back over his head and backheeling it off to the onrushing player last night? Absolute class! Can't find it online though. :(

The strength in depth of this Barça side is scary, particularly in the attacking third.

Pre-season friendlies, and some Barca youth matches.
    None i've seen so! :)
    An Citeog wrote:
    ...Iñiesta. Anybody see when he controlled a long pass by flicking it back over his head and backheeling it off to the onrushing player last night? Absolute class!
    That was fantastic, he looks like he'll be an absolutley brilliant player!
    Weird looking bastad though;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

^Hate to state the obvious, but Iniesta already is an absolutely brilliant player, and in my opinion, is a more talented footballer than Fabregas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

Archimedes wrote:
    ^Hate to state the obvious, but Iniesta already is an absolutely brilliant player, and in my opinion, is a more talented footballer than Fabregas.

I don't disagree but he's always been in and out of the team. He's playing in Ronaldinho's position at the moment but the problem will arise when Ronaldinho's reinstated into the team. What does Rijkaard do with Iñiesta then? He has to be kept in the team and imo, Deco should be the one to be sacrificed.
    fortuneg wrote:
    Weird looking bastad though;)

That's never stopped Ronaldinho or Messi before! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Iniesta is a cracking player, really amazing player. He was always the player I wanted to see brought in to replace Scholes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

**** sake Barcelona have too many amazing players!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Lol an Henry seemingly being incapable of scoring a goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

PHB wrote:
    Iniesta is a cracking player, really amazing player. He was always the player I wanted to see brought in to replace Scholes.

You mean Messi yeah!

• Advertisement
Advertisement