Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want to convert but...

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Jannah

blackthorn wrote: »
    Wa alaikum asalam irishconvert

I think it would be worth your while to go the mosque (@ Clonskeagh maybe?) before you formally convert and have a chat with the Imam there and talk about this with him. Hopefully, that will make things easier for you.

I strongly agree with this opinion- talking with an Iman can be brilliant to sort out any worries or problems you have with any aspects of Islam and they are very understanding and openminded. It is also a good idea to do this before converting because its nice to start anew without anything nagging at you in the back of your mind.

I wish you the best of luck in whatever you choose to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

DinoBot wrote: »
    Was he born of a virgin ? Baptized ? Died on the cross ? Risen from the dead ?

yeah he was born by Mary or Maryam, a virgin. he never died but "raised" to God up there and is believed to return for a second coming. maybe this wiki page will give you more info on Jesus aka Isa in Islam.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_in_Islam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Caverna

Your question is a no-brainer.

Its like saying, " I want to convert to Christianity but i'm still sinning, should I wait till i have stopped sinning to convert?"

You absolutely should convert.

The 5 pillars are your declaration of belief, 5 prayers a day, ramadan, giving of alms and pilgrimage to Mecca at some stage if you are capable.

These are the fundamentals. Like you said, converting might give you the kick up the ass that you need.

You will never be perfect, nobody is. Islam is about striving to be a better person, a good, honourable, trustowrthy, decent, caring person.

I'm not Muslim personally but I have great respect for the religion.

I wish you luck.

Salam

Advertisement