Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Pete Doherty Yay or Nay

• 26-09-2007 11:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 238 ✭✭

Most people I know hate this guy.I really don't know why they do.I listen too everything really metal being my Favorite Genre.I got into Libertines & Babyshambles recently.It did take awhile for them too grow on me.Most people just think he's a stupid Junkie.I think he's an unreal lyricist.I suppose there not big over here its more in the U.k.
    Well what do you think of him?:D

Check out these:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DynOaY8hmHc
    And
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Qh3BMOoKmo

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Personally I think the music is rubbish, and simply I dont care what he does outside of that. He plays the same, jangly 70's inspired rubbish that other pop (not rock) bands are doing at the moment. Makes me yawn a good bit.

...sorry!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭Dave H

I'd have to say nay. The music is less than epic but regardless of whether or not it's any good, he has gotten himself in the public eye by glorifying drug use. Now I'd never begrudge anybody their *ahem* kicks, but if you're in a position where people look up to you, and let's face it, kids do look up to their idols and will do what they do because they think it's cool, then you should'nt condone something that's a)illegal and b)something that could kill them.But he gets away with it so it only leads us to believe that the law is only in place to keep the everyday scobes like us in line, but turns a blind eye to the celebrity heroes that grace the cover of every poxy magazine and tabloid.
    He's a little scumbag knacker,musical talent or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭ec18

Nay....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

CJ223neighneigh.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

nay

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Neo#

MUCK! Im not a big fan of his music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭nij

Who is he? Oh that horrible idiot I always see going in and out of court on Sky News? Yuck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Yea, and check this out...

While I've always tried to concentrate on music and ignore any bull**** surrounding the artist, this is one guy I truely despise as a complete and utter scumbag. Not liking his music at all helps too though. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

He's a total cock in need of an ass beating who writes **** songs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Nay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Nay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Nay, not as much talent as the media make him out to have (not even close!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Man is he popular :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

Who?

:p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

He wants hus cnunt kicking in for him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭starn

I say Yah. With the exception of Alibon and Fcuk Foreever all the Babyshambles stuff is sh1te. But I do love the Libertines. Saw him this time last year in Carlow. Great preformance great showman. Aparently the new Album out Oct 1st is supposed to be a blinder. Supposedly. At least he's not the Red Hot Knob Heads sning more banal songs bout how great California is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

just counting the votes now.........it's a .....nay....just

Oh yeah, NAY from me too.

As with most 'artists' of today, he's someone I've only heard about for all the trouble he's in. He seems like a complete moron to be honest. Jumping over walls kicking reporters and cameramen..? Ugh... He should start acting like a human being. What an escaped abortion...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

NAYNAYNAYNAYNAYNAYNAYNAYNAYNAYNAY
    NAYNAYNAYNAYNAYNAYNAYNAYNAYNAYNAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And all the imitators hes spawned who play ****ty guitar licks with rubbish trebly tones and sing in cockney accents and who wear skinny jeans. Bah to them, bah to them all.

• Advertisement

nij wrote:
    Oh yeah, NAY from me too.

As with most 'artists' of today, he's someone I've only heard about for all the trouble he's in. He seems like a complete moron to be honest. Jumping over walls kicking reporters and cameramen..? Ugh... He should start acting like a human being. What an escaped abortion...

What i cant understand is why somebody doesnt kick the shiite out of him,i dont just mean a photographer or somebody he's spat at,i mean in general,he obviously has it coming to him!

Haha yeah. There are definitely some twats in need of that!

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Angus MacGyver

yay.

Ive never listened to his music and doubt i ever will but his antics are amusing. Im sure people thought Sid Barret, The Stones and Zeppelin were all assholes when they were at there destrutive peak. (dont think for a second im comparing him to them musically)

Doherty is gonna kick the bucket soon and thousands of kids will be wearing t-shirts with some idiot lyrics or suicide note printed on the back.

nij wrote:
    Haha yeah. There are definitely some twats in need of that!

Ronan Keating springs to mind!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Don't hold back, tell me what you really feel :D

So who is buying his stuff/ going to his gigs and making him a household name then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 238 ✭✭Music4life

starn wrote:
    I say Yah. With the exception of Alibon and Fcuk Foreever all the Babyshambles stuff is sh1te. But I do love the Libertines. Saw him this time last year in Carlow. Great preformance great showman. Aparently the new Album out Oct 1st is supposed to be a blinder. Supposedly. At least he's not the Red Hot Knob Heads sning more banal songs bout how great California is.
    Hahaha well mostly nay.I never knew they played in Carlow who knows they might play in Kerry next:D .Ya there new Album is very good I must say.:) You can check it out at www.mtv.co.uk/babyshambles if your interested:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭klaus flouride

He can be funny and amusing but lets be clear about this, his talent is non-existent. His singing voice is really inexpressive, its very flat and sounds like a kid singing. I'll say this much about the whole drug thing - at least he's honest about it unlike other crap bands such as snow patrol. But the bottom line is he's a terrible musician, and just like the white stripes, he has been making the same music (same sound same style) for the past number of years.

SDooM wrote:
    Don't hold back, tell me what you really feel :D

So who is buying his stuff/ going to his gigs and making him a household name then?

Dunno if anybody is going to his gigs..i've never met anybody who has.And its teh media who's making him a household name by publicising his non-music related puerile antics.Pathetic really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭MoominPapa

I've only heard his first album and that was a sorry mess, maybe two decent tunes, an awful cod reggae number in the middle that was enough to have him in the stocks and the only personality on the album was Mick Jones who produced it and made it like a clash album without Joe Strummer and what would the point of that be?
    Inconsistency is a crime in songwriting and fans usually talk with their feet, for some reason this guy gets away with it and seems to turn it into a virtue.
    The best thing that could possible happen is he goes on a bender, gets behind the wheel and crashes head on into another car driven by that other troubled young star de jour Amy Winehouse and they both die

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭kev_s88

as the libertine's song goes, "what a waster, what a f**kin waster"

the man is a total tool.im thinking that maybe if he could get himself clean he might actually be half decent.

but we all know thats never gonna happen so i think i can safely say its a "NAY" for Pete Doherty

Advertisement