Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Pete Doherty Yay or Nay

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

hes a ****ing gimp.nuff said :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭klaus flouride

This relates to the pete doherty thread that sum1 put up - If he's crap, and most people seem to agree that he is - how is he so popular? Kurt Cobain wasn't that great (although he was better than pete doh.) but he ended up being extremely popular, is it a similar phenomenon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 marknigma

Why are we discussing Pete Doherty in the Rock and Metal Forum surely there is a Talentless Hack Who is a Complete Wanker and people like Him cos He is a Wanker Fourm I propose this be moved to somewhere more suitable like Waste Management

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

This relates to the pete doherty thread that sum1 put up

Then no need to post a seperate thread about it. Merged.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

This relates to the pete doherty thread that sum1 put up - If he's crap, and most people seem to agree that he is - how is he so popular? Kurt Cobain wasn't that great (although he was better than pete doh.) but he ended up being extremely popular, is it a similar phenomenon?

Kurt Cobain is recognised by an awful lot of people as an excellent songwriter.

Although not my taste, I could probably think of 10 Nirvana songs which stick out in my head and I could happily listen to.

Couldn't say the same for doherty.

As someone replied to me earlier, it seems hes a good car crash for the media. they are his life support.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 238 ✭✭Music4life

I suppose you Either love him or hate him.Mostly hate him here:(.With Kate Moss leaving him I'd say the media wont be following him around as much:) .I think he's popular because people actually like his music you might find that hard too believe.Regarding the white stripes "Terrible Musician" I think 7 nation army's riff is the catchiest riff since smells like teen spirit.Ha ha I never knew about Snow patrols drug problem.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Not a poster to this forum but i just HAD to add my 2c on this one... i say nay a million times over. Personally i think he's an overhyped muppet with really bad songs. I sort of pity the band having to be around him playing, as they could do alot better.

Not that their music would be to my taste, but i'm sure there are some fans out there who would like to see a proper lead singer who can inspire instead of tarnish the band's name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Most of their music is fairly **** but it's good reading about him in The Sun when you're taking a nice ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 1-9-7-7

Nay with a capital Ngodieyouwanker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Jack Vegas

Amazing lyricist and songwriter, couldn't give a toss about whatever is in the tabloids about him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Nay.
    Talentless waste of space.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

****ing junkie. Let him OD.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Den_M

Can't. Stand. Him.

Advertisement