Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow this winter?

Options
  • 27-09-2007 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

I'd really love a bit of snow this winter, Any chance of a good few inches of snow falling anytime this winter? Or is it impossible to predict?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,993 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I can guarantee you there will be snow this winter.

send €500 to po box 7669 for this favour :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

Yes Yes it will snow as of when ??? Hopefully the end of october!! On higher ground hopefully. The highest mountains in wicklow usualy get a dusting around the end of october.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

In fact I cant remember a winter when there wasn't snowfall in the Wicklow mountains. Even last year there was nearly a week of lying snow. Amazing how quickly the general public forget this...

A

• Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Its not far away..with these synoptic conditons ..there would be snow over a lot of the country if it happened in late november (higher up) or late Decemebr lower down.

Arctictree and myself had about 5 days of lying snow last winter, I'd say the odds are better than even that we'll see some more this winter too :D

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

whatever happens its bound to be a lil bit cooler than last winter which was exceptionaly mild throughout most of the country. Im kinda hoping for a dryish winter tho as I plan on doing walking thruout the winter to keep me fit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭squonk

After the summer we've just had a dry-ish winter would go down well. Those cold, clear frosty days are lovely it has to be said and it's nice to be able to get out and do something constructive at the weekends. I've had too many weekends in front of the telly lately because it was too wet to go and do anything else :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

thats very true, i wudnt mind seeing a dry, crisp run up to Christmas at least were I can be out at the weekends doing things outside, maybe a bit of snow in January or February and then a very warm, dry & sunny summer 2008 hopefully:)

Advertisement