Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

First Year Maths Physics, anyone taking it?

• 27-09-2007 1:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭

I've put myself down for it and managed to miss the first two lectures from not understanding my timetable :D just wondering if I've missed anything, did they hand out registration forms or assign tutorial groups? Also, I'm doing psychology, and there's an overlapping of a lecture... strange, no?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭cherubaul

its been a couple of years so my memory is a bit hazey but in Science in first year arent certain subjects mutually exclusive. On orientation we were told students doing X couldnt do Y so it could be the same case here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Noodlehead

I'm taking it in arts, its definitely not exclusive though. I chose from appropriate groups. Random isn't it?

I'm taking it in arts, its definitely not exclusive though. I chose from appropriate groups. Random isn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

If you have a timetable conflict go to the departmental administrative assistant (secretary ;)) in either the Maths Physics or Psychology department and point this out.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Maths physics is a lovely subject. I hate maths but i passed this two years running...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭lemansky

I'm doing it as part of a general science degree. You haven't missed anything yet that's hard to follow, especially if you did LC physics. We have a lecture at 9 in the morning in SLT. Yo shouldn't have any problemas catching up even if you didn't do physics for the LC.

We have signed up for the turorials, you just go to the secretary in the maths-physics dept and put your name down for one, though they're filling up now. I don't think there were any forms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭mp3guy

I'm doing it too, as part of CSSE. Nothing much in first two lectures, just differentiation and distance over time graphs

oh ok cool, where's the maths physics dept? thanks for the help guys

It's in the science building, downstairs.

I had a good walk around the science building, is it on the ground floor? Or is there a basement level? I couldn't find it at all. Basically, I'm looking for the notice board to sign up for the tutorials

• Advertisement

You know that what is sign posted the "science building" is the callan building and the "physics & chemistry building" is the science building?

I do now! Thanks a million

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Is this easier than normal Maths?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

maths physics is awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 moggins

maths physics in lovely... fairly slow at the mo jus LC physics..

question of the week
    "is that a graph??"- priceless...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭pisslips

maths physics is awful.

awfully ridiculous!

I still have this gut wrenching feeling that whenI go into some interview, their going to say, isn't that the subject where you answer 2 questions out of 4 and is ridiculously easy to coast through?
    Honestly if someone asked me that question I wouldn't be able to lie.:(

a friend of mine did it last year, she NEVER went to lectures or tutorials, just took revision sheets at the end of the year and pissed her way through it and got a 2-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Hmmm.. might change into it then.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 kulva

moggins wrote:
    maths physics in lovely... fairly slow at the mo jus LC physics..

question of the week
    "is that a graph??"- priceless...
    too true..i was there for that haha

Advertisement