Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3Pay: Age Verified and still not working.

• 27-09-2007 9:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭

Hello, I bought 100MB broadband for my Nokia N73. age Verified over the weekend and the internet is still not working.

If I check "Access Settings" in My3, it says I can use the internet here and abroad.

Is this the same for anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

More than one person here, myself included had to call them to get some of the third party stuff to work. I had trouble specifically with java applications like Gmail, Opera Mini, and AFT. I had to call them numerous times to get the tech people to fix it.
    Call them and complain complain complain, and before you do that, shut down the phone and take the battery and sim out and put them back in and turn the phone back on. They will surely ask you to do it over the phone.
    Is the Planet3 stuff working at all ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

The Planet3 stuff is working, like i can see all their intranet stuff, but i cant go external, like i cannot see pages like www.boards.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

When you say its not working, what's happening? When you try to go to a page with the built go browser does it tel you that you need to age verify or is nothing working at all? The service has been extremely unreliable the past week and it might be that it just wasn't working when you tried it

It just times out trying to go to a site outside Planet3 using the built in browser. £rd party apps aren't working either. Everything was working before 17th Sept.

[Operator 2] Welcome to 3.My name is Bony.How can I help you?
    [Visitor] hi, my internet is still not working
    [Visitor] i have a nokia n73
    [Operator 2] Do you have a contract phone or a pay as you go phone ?
    [Visitor] pay as you go
    [Operator 2] what is the error message you get?
    [Visitor] the pages just dont load
    [Visitor] i can view all planet3 pages
    [Visitor] but no other pages
    [Visitor] this was working a few weeks ago
    [Operator 2] can I have your 3 number.
    [Visitor] 0********
    [Operator 2] One moment while I get that checked .
    [Operator 2] Thank you for your patience .
    [Operator 2] Have you purchased the mobile broadband add on
    [Visitor] yes
    [Visitor] 100MB
    [Operator 2] Can you tell me when was that purchased.
    [Visitor] 2 days ago
    [Operator 2] I did check on your account and you will need to call 333 from your handset and have a word with the technical team to get that resolved .
    [Visitor] what is wrong with my account ?
    [Operator 2] Can i have the password on the account please.
    [Visitor] **********
    [Operator 2] Thankyou.
    [Visitor] this was all working a few weeks ago
    [Operator 2] Your account is fine the technical team will just have to check on some settings on the handset.
    [Visitor] the handset is fine, nothing has changed since the internet was working
    [Operator 2] Have you gotten the age verification done.
    [Visitor] yes
    [Visitor] in My3 under "Access Settings" it says "you can use the internet at home and abroad"
    [Operator 2] Yes you can use the internet at home and abroad where you have 3 network.
    [Operator 2] With reference to not being able to use the internet at this time will need to be checked.
    [Visitor] my 100MB expires in 25 October, what if the internet issues isn't resolved by then?
    [Operator 2] I am sure we will not need untill then to help you get the issue resolved .
    [Visitor] how do i get the issue resolved?
    [Operator 2] You will need to call us so that we can have that checked .
    [Visitor] can you not check it there?
    [Operator 2] I am sorry since I am not a part of the technical team I will not be in a position to do that.
    [Visitor] ok i'll ring them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

yeah you're all set up fine. the 17th is when everyone started to have problems. i still have to reload pages 5 or 6 times to get them to load. they're "working on it"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Anyone else getting spammed by the 3 alerts? I just got 2 texts in quick succession.
    "3Alerts 3 now requires customers to be verified as18 or over to access the internet. Please take photo ID to a 3store or call 333 if you have a credit card."
    Lazy bastar*s must be texting everyone en masse. I "age verified" ages back.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

tallus wrote:
    Anyone else getting spammed by the 3 alerts? I just got 2 texts in quick succession.
    "3Alerts 3 now requires customers to be verified as18 or over to access the internet. Please take photo ID to a 3store or call 333 if you have a credit card."
    Lazy bastar*s must be texting everyone en masse. I "age verified" ages back.

Yep I got one today and one two days ago.

Advertisement