Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mineral powder v foundation

• 27-09-2007 9:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone had any experience of mineral powders, and how they rate as against foundation.
    With winter coming in, I won't get away with a tinted moisturiser, but for every day wear, find foundation a bit heavy - and time consuming to put on when I'm late for work.
    any comments appreciated:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

I've heard that Loreal mineral Powder is great and covers like a Foundation!
    ...i just cant imagine a powder being that good....is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I bought mineral foundation recently and I find that it's very good.It gives amazing coverage from just adding a little bit and it doesn't look powdery or overly made up looking.I think it depends what kind you use but so far I find mine looks very dewy. In my opinion the coverage would be good enough to cover spots or acne scars or whatever it is you might want to cover!You can build up coverage in areas you need to without it looking uneven too.You have to moisturise very well before you put it on but it lasts all day and doesn't need to be topped up.Infact it tends to look better as the day goes on. I got mine on www.everydayminerals.com .It's an American site but they ship to Ireland and they provide a free sample kit with three foundation powders of your choice , a blush and a concealer.They're generously sized too. It's not completely free to get it to Ireland as you have to pays $5 for postage which works out at E3 something. I'd definitely recommend trying it though.The only down side is that you need to find a colour matched to your own skin tone for it to look natural,you need a decent brush to apply it with and like all powder it can fall off the brush when you're applying it and on to your clothes.Otherwise it's very easy to apply. It only takes a minute or two and there's no great artistry involved.Hope thats some help :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

I have been using benefits 'some kinda gorgeous' its brilliant. its a compact that dries to a powder so its lighter than foundation and only takes a minute to put on (im always late dragging my lazy ass outta bed!)

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Claire_lou1983

I love Loreal Minerals Powder Make Up and it is absolutely fantastic. It makes You look flawless and covers better than a foundation and feels very lightweight. I would need quite good coverage and it last for hours, I would recommend it to anyone. It is well worth the €20+ pricetag!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭lezizi

I love Loreal Minerals Powder Make Up and it is absolutely fantastic. It makes You look flawless and covers better than a foundation and feels very lightweight. I would need quite good coverage and it last for hours, I would recommend it to anyone. It is well worth the €20+ pricetag!!!!
    +1 I have been using this one too and i really like it. I have blemished scarred skin and it covers even better than a foundation and it doesnt even feel like you are wearing make up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Claire_lou1983

Hi lezizi,

I am the very same as you, I have some slight scarring to and the powder covers me perfectly and make me look like have perfect skin. I cant imagine a foundation covering as well.

The only critism I could give it is the brush, it drys out my skin a bit round my mouth and I need to use a lot of moisturiser. But sure a bit of dry skin would not stop me using it. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭meowCat

To be honest, I absolutely don't understand why people recommend the L'Oreal one!!!! I mean, yes, it does give great coverage but it makes you look absolutely caked with every little wrinkle you didn't know about before being now highlighted. It also emphasises every little pore you might have or not. I thought I looked horrible.

I don't like powders that make me look like I fell into a make up pot! But maybe that's just me......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

I only put foundation on when im going on a night out..during the day I use 'MAC Studio Fix'..its a powder, takes 2seconds to brush on, looks like youv foundation on, is natural...and its absolutely great!!! Would recommend it to anyone!!:)
    Was in America for the summer and bought loads of it to bring home with me!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭giggles

I've been using Bare Escentuals since the summer and would much prefer it to liquid foundation. My sister bought mine for me in London and I'm not sure where it can be bought in Ireland - though it can be bought online.

The foundation is a powder - you don't actually need very much, but you can layer on (without the cakey look) for better coverage. I prefer the natural look when it comes to make up, so its great for me as daytime make up. But I wear a slighltly darker shade for going out and it also looks good.

In the Bare Escentuals range, there is also a blusher called which gives a lovely sunkissed look and my favourite is a powder that I use a top layer called 'radiance' which gives a lovely dewy look.

The Foundations are SPF 15 and feel light to wear. I think I'll be using this for a long time to come.

The only down side is that it can be messy to apply as it's dusty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭lezizi

meowCat wrote:
    To be honest, I absolutely don't understand why people recommend the L'Oreal one!!!! I mean, yes, it does give great coverage but it makes you look absolutely caked with every little wrinkle you didn't know about before being now highlighted. It also emphasises every little pore you might have or not. I thought I looked horrible.

I don't like powders that make me look like I fell into a make up pot! But maybe that's just me......

Ya i say it depends on your skin type, i think if your skin is dry it would look caked. i just use lots of moisturiser before some concelor and a light dusting and it is fine doesnt look caked at all

• Advertisement
Advertisement