Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ntl

Options
  • 27-09-2007 9:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone else in the Charlesland area had problems with this yesterday. Only getting RTE, TV3 etc. All Sky channels gone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,937 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

have you tried resetting the box? Press Help then the Yellow button.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Joliegood

Yeah, did all of that several times. Rang them and was sent 'a boost' to the signal box, no joy either. Very frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

I had the same problem about 10 days ago and they had to replace my receiver. I dont like NTL i must add...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Ru

Joliegood wrote:
    Yeah, did all of that several times. Rang them and was sent 'a boost' to the signal box, no joy either. Very frustrating.

Just so you know...

It is technically impossible to send a "boost" to an individual box.

Simply put, it's a lie to give the impression that they give a rats ass...

"Lines" used by NTL that are... questionable

1) I've boosted the signal to your box...
    2) I've tested your line and everything is fine, your TV must be faulty
    3) thank you for continuing to hold, we value you as our customer
    4) Please continue to hold, we estimate your call will be answered in ... 5... Minutes
    5) Digital TV for just €9.99 per month...
    6) A company that can offer you more; more choice, more control and greater access to the new digital world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Joliegood

55 mins on hold one Saturday morning, with the anouncement 'A CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT WILL BE WITH YOU SHORTLY' every 10 secs.. I hung up after the 55 mins. Unreal.

• Advertisement
Advertisement