Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apache Web Server Course

Options
  • 27-09-2007 9:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭

Folks,

I am looking for an Apache Web Server course.
    Experience: I have already set up an apache server. Only ever ran it on the internal network. And have some "in progress" websites running on it.

Nowhere in ireland seems to do anything?

I would even be willing to do a night course. Any help appreciated?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

Don't know of any courses available ...

but buy a book ... ? set it up outside the DMZ with a test site ... and monitor it ? ... read up on security issues ...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

What do you need to know?

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭warrenaldo

Nothing in particular! Or everything in particular maybe.

I want to know basic security, virtual hosting, proxying, logging, password protection.

Pretty much anything that there is to know. I dont NEED it. Just very interested.

Its all there on the web - i know. But if there was a course that did it - thatd be great.

I'm not entirely sure how much actual experience a course would give you ...

This is the kinda stuff you play with ... and you get good with ...

the .conf file is pretty well documented ... search in it for virtual host .. and you'll find it ...

ye ive already set up some virtual hosting!
    Thats not the first time someone has said "This is the kinda stuff you play with ... and you get good with" to me.

Thanks for help

• Advertisement

sorry I'm not able to be more help ...

how are you with linux ?

Not much experience - a lot more with unix. We have apache installed on unix on the live server - but for my own personal learning - ive set it up on my windows machine. my limited knowledge a lot of the config tasks are very similar

ah fair enough ... I had been gonna suggest you do a linux course ...

Maybe you could try and find someone to give you "grinds" of sorts it wouldn't be a course ... but one on one sessions could be a lot more beneficial ...

Unless of course you're looking for a cert / qualification at the end of the day

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

The Apache Cookbook published by O'Reilly is a good investment

I'm no expert, but anything I've learnt was from "how can I get this to work" type situations ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Have a peep at this:

http://oreillyschool.com/courses/

• Advertisement
Advertisement