Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bit of a silly question but.......

Options
  • 27-09-2007 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

im thinking of getting more stuff added on to my back so it will be like one whole piece/theme . Will I have to take everything off when I go in cos dont really fancy standing around topless in Celestial Ring:) :) When I got the top part done I could obviously wear a halter neck top no problem . Anyone got any ideas??

Again sorry if this seems very silly!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Yeah you probably will,
    But then again you'll be lying face down in a booth so its not going to make much of a difference.
    Whats the problem anyway? Its only for an hour or so like, you should love being naked, I know I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

If you're not comfortable with it in somewhere so open, why don't you consider going somewhere that has more private tattoo rooms?

And Garth, we ALL know you love being naked ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭bobbygirl

Anyone know if there are any places that do have more private areas although I think Id like the same guy to continue on with it really!!

I dont think there are too many girls that would be ok with passers by on Abbey St staring in at them :) Lying down bit is fine but would still have to undress in front of a room full of people!!

And it would be for a lot longer than an hour!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Then ring them and ask them nicely to move to the Celestial Ring in Stephens Green.
    Tell them the exact reason why too, the place in Stephens green has closed off rooms so you won't be gawked at by everybody walking past :)

Ok didnt know that will check it out thanks!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

bobbygirl wrote:
    Anyone know if there are any places that do have more private areas although I think Id like the same guy to continue on with it really!!

I dont think there are too many girls that would be ok with passers by on Abbey St staring in at them :) Lying down bit is fine but would still have to undress in front of a room full of people!!

And it would be for a lot longer than an hour!!!
    Surely they'd do it in the small room with the table to lie down on and not in the main room?
    If not I'm sure they'd let you take off your top & bra in there and hold a towel over your front during the tattooing in the main room to preserve your modesty. This is a place that does genital piercings afterall and I'd imagine doing them in front of the big window might pose some legal issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

As already pointed out, you won't be getting tattooed in front of a load of people if it requires getting in any way naked. So far I've done about 6 hours completely topless, and I can assure you you'll have completely forgotten about it after the first 10 minutes you'll be that absorbed in the tattooing process. Not that I had a problem with it in the first place, but just to put it into perspective for you :p

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭DinoBot

bobbygirl wrote:
    im thinking of getting more stuff added on to my back so it will be like one whole piece/theme . Will I have to take everything off when I go in cos dont really fancy standing around topless in Celestial Ring:) :) When I got the top part done I could obviously wear a halter neck top no problem . Anyone got any ideas??

Again sorry if this seems very silly!!!

There was a girl getting work done on her back last week and she wore a cardigan backwards. So when she lay down on the tattoo table the artist could unbutton it.

I thought it was very clever indeed :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

just go in to abbey street, and tell them the situation. ask if you could be tattooed after closing, it shouldn't be any problem. it's happened before , i know this to be true :)

Thats a great idea thanks!!

I never noticed the smaller room in there but when you think about it yeah there would have to be one :o
    DinoBot wrote:
    There was a girl getting work done on her back last week and she wore a cardigan backwards. So when she lay down on the tattoo table the artist could unbutton it.

I thought it was very clever indeed :D

• Advertisement

It's on the left when you enter the actual studio.;)
    Is cramped but AFAIK they certainly do the more intimate piercings in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Sean7

Get 'em out for the lads.

Sean7 wrote:
    Get 'em out for the lads.
    I doubt any girl would practice DIY orthodontics to impress the lads.:p

Advertisement