Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Duffer

• 27-09-2007 10:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭

Anyone know when he's expected back?

Anyone know what to expect?

Personally I thought it might be over for him as a top class player but then looking at Owen's recovery and return to form (I know he's out with an injury now but it's unrelated to his long term knee problems), I think there's every chance he'll come back strong.

I really like the idea of Keane/Doyle/Hunt/Duff as a front four. Will we ever see it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,081 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

According to here; http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php
    He's due back at the start of November. Would love to see him back how he was playing with Ranieri, and Jose's first season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

~Rebel~ wrote:
    According to here; http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php
    He's due back at the start of November. Would love to see him back how he was playing with Ranieri, and Jose's first season.

If you thought he was good then, have a look at him for Blackburn pre-World Cup 2002. Played his best football ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

What about Given aswell? When's he back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

PHB wrote:
    What about Given aswell? When's he back?

back or getting a game?

hes fit just not getting a game played other night vs arsenal.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

~Rebel~ wrote:

That's a very useful site, never saw it before.
    I'll be using that in future for my fantasy football team :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

gosplan wrote:

Personally I thought it might be over for him as a top class player

For me , he hasn't been the same player in maybe 3/4 years ago which is a shame ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

d22ontour wrote:
    For me , he hasn't been the same player in maybe 3/4 years ago which is a shame ....

I still think his problems were caused by Jose. he tried to change how he played. added defensive responsibilities seemed to have stifled his natural adventurousness... it seemed for a while Duffer's was a afraid to do anything, maybe he was afraid of ****ing up and losing possession and getting a bollicking from Jose? anyway, last few outings at times he seems more like a left back playing out of position...

maybe though with Allardyce's reputation for reviving careers he'll come good again... then again maybe Allardyce is generating a new reputation for destroying careers a la Given... i really don't know what to make of Given's being dropped. he singlehandly has kept Newcastle out of relegation battles for a few years now imo... and Harper's been making the odd mistake here and there too i hear? i really want to see this sorted out :( Given was the only thing good about the Irish squad recently...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

If Given is'nt put back in the first team soon, he should hand in a transfer request. Its absolutely shocking that he's not starting. It might not be a bad move to leave Newcastle, he might win a few well-deserved medals that way. Id love to see him at Arsenal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

If Given is'nt put back in the first team soon, he should hand in a transfer request. Its absolutely shocking that he's not starting. It might not be a bad move to leave Newcastle, he might win a few well-deserved medals that way. Id love to see him at Arsenal!

i dunno, in someways i'd be disappointed if things didn't work out at Newcastle under Allardyce. Allardyce with his innovative techniques seems to have a much better success rate at getting injured players back to fitness and in general keeping players fit than most. i thought it might result in given not getting injured as much and having a more stable career. and tbh i don't think any of the big clubs would touch him with a barge pole with his injury record as reliable as he is... Ferguson has had many opportunities it seems to get him in during those years when Utd couldn't find a decent replacement to Schmeichel, and Given always seemed ideal but Fergy never would... i reckon he might know something we don't...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

Hmmm, id have to disagree with you there. I wouldnt say Shay is injury-prone at all. Before last year, he played every league game in 05/06, missed two league games 04/05, played every league game 03/04, 02/03 and 02/01 and missed two games 00/01. So, over a 6-year period he missed 6 games... Hardly a bad injury record??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

^Owch

Advertisement