Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2.5mm to 3.5mm Audio Jack Adaptor for Nokia 6110 Nav

• 27-09-2007 10:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 549 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where to get a *working* stereo audio jack adaptor for the Nokia 6110 Navigator? This phone uses a 2.5mm jack and my preferred headphone is the usual 3.5mm one, so a converter/adaptor is needed. What I discovered is that on some of these stereo adaptors one can get from shops (even from Vodafone), I can only hear one channel/side when I play music on the 6110. Others, the other channel. I have tried several but to no success...

Is there something special about the audio jack on the phone? I cannot imagine this to be a setting on the phone, as I am sure I have set the Headphone (and not Headset) setting when prompted by the 6110.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

You need a stereo adaptor. most of them out there are mono. nokia have some on their site I'm sure. Else maplins or Peats would have them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

here's maplin's one:
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=48406&criteria=2.5%203.5%20adapter&doy=27m9

go in and ask for L12BQ and they'll know what you want

• Closed Accounts Posts: 549 ✭✭✭WUSBDesign

I've bought and tried some of these already....apparently, there are some incompatibilities which I am not 100% aware of.... One would have thought this is simple enough, but alas no!

BTW, what is needed is a 2.5mm PLUG to a 3.5mm SOCKET, not the other way round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

bump!

also looking for one if these that might work with my new nokia 6500....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

linky

i got this one, does the job. free shipping and probably cheapest around

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

ebay is your friend just search for "nokia 2.5mm 3.5mm adaptor"

Just check for a seller with cheap postage rates to ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

davton wrote: »
    linky

i got this one, does the job. free shipping and probably cheapest around

just bought one, thanks. any idea how long the standard delivery takes from them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

quarryman wrote: »
    just bought one, thanks. any idea how long the standard delivery takes from them?

they get bad press sometimes for being a bit slow but i found them pretty good. Could have it next friday, tip tho if u order about 10$ worth or more they send it registered post for nothing.

Advertisement