Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jericho demo up on XBL

• 27-09-2007 10:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭

Well, the title pretty much sums it up, but the demo for Clive Barker's Jericho is on the XBL marketplace now. I'm in work so I can't try it out, it's around 850 megs.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

If its anything like Nightbreed on the C64 im steering clear!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I'll download it, I've liked the look of the vids I've seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭monomaniac

Thanks for the reminder - forgot that was out today what with all the halo'ing. Downloading now - you can't beat working from home!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Is'nt there a way of using your mobile to text your 360 to download demos? or was that just a very geeky dream I once had :eek::o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭monomaniac

Not that I've heard of - unless you're a prophet from the future and you bring us news of this year's Autumn Dashboard Update!! :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,699 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Pfft... texting is such a 2006 technology.
    Everyone knows that the only way to get your Xbox to do anything is to contact it using ESP. Like, duh.

monomaniac wrote:
    Not that I've heard of - unless you're a prophet from the future and you bring us news of this year's Autumn Dashboard Update!! :D:D

I'd love to be a prophet from the future – imagine how smug you could be on internet boards! Sadly I'm more like a guy whose played too much Halo into the wee hours.

Pfft... texting is such a 2006 technology.
    Everyone knows that the only way to get your Xbox to do anything is to contact it using ESP. Like, duh.

pfft, yeah I know all about that, just didn't want to freak out people who were still using text based technology.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Fieldog wrote:
    If its anything like Nightbreed on the C64 im steering clear!!!

god, that game sucked. what were they thinking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

sweetie wrote:
    god, that game sucked. what were they thinking?

it was just as bad on the 128k speccy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Scruff wrote:
    it was just as bad on the 128k speccy.

well, i believe, the c64 version was a speccy port. Awful graphics and non-existing gameplay iirc. It's taken a long time (20years?) for Clive to come back to gaming!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,628 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Had a go of the PC demo earlier in the week..
    If its the same (more than likely), its a very short demo...especially for a <900meg (1.1gb on PC) download..
    May have something going for it,and it may not.....its far too little to tell with the limited playtime you get..
    3 people in your squad.....some QTE events....some magic/telekinesis ability..
    Simple lever puzzle action....Swapping between squad members is akin to just changing weapons..

Looks nice enough (on PC anyway), but it'll have to distinguish itself a bit more with the full game to be worthy of wasting anymore time on another FPS..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Stupid German regulators :mad:... hope I'm able to download this later and they are not blocking by IP!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

If your account isn't signed up as a German account you should be okay, I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

koneko wrote:
    If your account isn't signed up as a German account you should be okay, I think.

It's an irish account but sometimes the stuff that's not available for Germany throws up the error "Not available in your region" when I try to download it and sometimes it's ok and downloads. Eg I can't download the Dead Rising or Blacksite demo's but other demos that were banned are ok to download. What a silly country when it comes to games :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

just waiting on the download now

I think i was about 7 when knghtbreed was out and don't remeber a whole lot about it but I'm pretty sure I liked it hehe I'll get my coat! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

He did the brilliant Undying in 2001 as well. On PC. A scary shooter.
    Nightbreed was cack but then I saw the film and simply had to play through it. With cheats of course cos man that gameplay sucked! I'm going to blame my youth and point to the success of the Transformers game to paper over the cracks of that shameful incident. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Sounds like plasmid abuse to me! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Like the demo a lot. Seems nice and violent + some interesting game play touches. Will more than likely be grabbing the game upon release.... oh and Nightbreed did suck ass (movie and game) the book was pretty good however! (It's called Cabal if anyone's wondering)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

The Nightbreed film was ****ing classic, and still stands up today. The game was crap alright, but what about Barker's other game? The abso-****ing-lutly brilliant Undying on the PC? Now that was great game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

I reckon Clive's next game should be some kind of fantastical RPG, something like the Imagika book. Because with Mass Effect starting the androgynous alien trend, we need a hero in love with a man/woman shapeshifting being from another dimension so they can become snakes and consume each other :confused:
    I read it a year or so ago and may have fudged some of the facts :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

The Nightbreed film was ****ing classic, and still stands up today.

Ha LOL! ya think? it's muck, it's like a gay soap with unscary monsters! :)

Advertisement