Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Curtain Making

Options
  • 27-09-2007 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭

Hey,
    can anyone tell me if when making curtains the joint should be invisible pattern wise?
    i.e. if the fabric is not wide enough and you have to make a joint should the pattern on the fabric match up?

Also, should each curtain have its pleats in the same place in the pattern?

thanks for any help!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 limerickbuild

Depending on your pattern you might get away without it matching.
    Stripes would obviously line up across the full curtain.
    Only small amount of pattern then you'd try line up that if there are 2 - 3 designs across 1 width of the fabric, then the added width would match aswell.
    I think only a very busy pattern will you get away without matching.

Pleats - not sure about them. I use the normal curtain tape to tighten in the fabric and hang.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭blindman

Hi. I havent been here for a while.
    Yes the patern should match across the curtain, also both halves of the curtain should match. If there are more than two pairs of curtains in the same room it is nice to see them matching too. Pleats should be evenly spaced.
    I wouldn't expect to find this in ready made curtains though.

Advertisement