Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

game trade price thread suggestion

Options
  • 27-09-2007 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭

Having seen something similar on avforums.com I was wondering if it could be done here. Some of the shops sometimes have decent deals on trade in credit and it would also be useful to know current values. I'm starting this in the general games thread because most people have more than one console and would check this first.

Anyways, i'll start with my failed attempt to trade in xbox 360 Gears of war (15) and lost planet (20) in xtravision for halo 3.

Any comments also welcome.

regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

Great idea. I'm shocked to see that Gears is worth so little already. I'm planning on trading Splinter Cell and Ghost Recon 2 for Halo 3 so I'll post back later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Darwin wrote:
    Great idea. I'm shocked to see that Gears is worth so little already. I'm planning on trading Splinter Cell and Ghost Recon 2 for Halo 3 so I'll post back later.

Not a chance you will make the 40 Euro mark on those I reckon. I've stopped trading games altogether its a rip off. just sell them on adverts.ie and buy the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

why doesnt someone make a thread here for people to swap games with each other, i know similar things are done in adverts, but it might be handy to have one centralised thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I stopped trading games in shops years ago, you're far better off selling on ebay or adverts.ie (or just keeping them as I tend to do these days)

Xtravisions deal isn't all that bad I guess, but it's kind of hard to believe that GoW is valued at less than Lost Planet:confused:
    I guess there are just so many more copies of GoW out there...

/edit
    I did actually trade in a free PS2 game that I received recently for the lols, wasn't really worth the effort of selling it elsewhere, so I got the princely sum of €2 for it:p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Darwin wrote:

Any luck with that? I'm gonna try lost planet and maybe lego star wars 2/crackdown/graw this weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Darwin wrote:

games like Gears and stuff are worthless because the market was flooded with them in bundles and the like. then the market suddenly floods those games back into stores, who then can't sell them on because everyone's played it... so you can't get a lot for them.

you'll get €40 for halo3 easily at this point though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

A thread like this isn't really useful. Trade in values can change all the time and you're only giving people old information so when they go into the shop they moan at the till people (i.e. ME!) about how they were told it was worth X amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

surely people can see the date above the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I thought trade-in values were calculated out of an online database/book?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

My main problem is the huge difference in store credit offered by different outlets

For example this week:
    Trade in 5 number of games
    Game - offered 31 euro
    Game Stop - offered 12.50

Kind of left me stunned

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

sweetie wrote:
    surely people can see the date above the post.
    That's not going to stop them. I've had a customer come in saying they were told the game was worth X a month ago, and demanded that I give that value. Not saying everyone is like that, but there are alot.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

What about the xtravision ad on tv at the moment? Trade in 2 games and get any new release game free! I think they also throw in rental vouchers.
    Anyone know any more about this offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Saruman wrote:
    What about the xtravision ad on tv at the moment? Trade in 2 games and get any new release game free! I think they also throw in rental vouchers.
    Anyone know any more about this offer?

terms and conditions apply.

the games you trade must equal or exceed the value of the game you're buying. it's common sense. a cleverly worded ad gets a lot of people in the door with fifa 02 and pro evo 3 when in fact there's no hope in high hell of them getting anything other then a can of coke with those trade ins.

Advertisement