Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ntl

• 27-09-2007 12:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭

So I have Ntl's 2Mb service at home with the standard "modem" they provide and at the moment I have a second wireless router connect to the NTL box via ethernet so that I can connect wirelessly.

What I'd like to know is if I can replace both these with a single wireless router? has anyone done this and if so, what did they use?
    cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

I don't think you can get a modem/router combo to replace the NTL modem. Sure even if NTL supply you with a wireless solution themselves it's a modem and a wireless router.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

underpants wrote:
    So I have Ntl's 2Mb service at home with the standard "modem" they provide and at the moment I have a second wireless router connect to the NTL box via ethernet so that I can connect wirelessly.

What I'd like to know is if I can replace both these with a single wireless router? has anyone done this and if so, what did they use?
    cheers!

I don't think you can.

I think the MAC address on the bottom of the Modem is how NTL regulate the whole thing and decide who gets what.

(Are you thinking what I'm thinking?)

Advertisement