Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Japanese car importers (Dublin)

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

MOG7 wrote: »
    Try www.tradecarview.com , cut out the middle man, they have a great selection of brilliantly priced cars, not on auction though.

They have great prices I must say.

So basicly that would be importing straight? No dealer?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

R_H_C_P wrote: »
    They have great prices I must say.

So basicly that would be importing straight? No dealer?

Yeh you basically have to do everything yourself, pay the handling charges, collect the car yourself, pay vrt, nct it, etc...

great savings if you can put up with it all and of course the wait

I'm thinking about doin it for my next car

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

i have access to the axtual japanese car auctions. anyone interested pm me and ill give u the details.

makes tradecar look like robbing fooks.

this crowd do everything for you and theyre very good.

u get to pick the day u want to view the auctions for aswell.

join this website http://www.manic-motorz.com and check out the cars in the forsale section, good prices and sound lads, met a few 2day at a motors meet, there just modified car enthusiasts!

draffodx wrote: »
    Yeh you basically have to do everything yourself, pay the handling charges, collect the car yourself, pay vrt, nct it, etc...

great savings if you can put up with it all and of course the wait

I'm thinking about doin it for my next car
    The question is, Would I be saving after paying all of those?

I dont mind the wait tbh.
    copeyhagen wrote: »

makes tradecar look like robbing fooks.

How so?

• Advertisement

makes them look like robbin fooks cuz for example, an ek9 type r civic, 1999 grade 4 might be going for sale on tcv for about 8 grand, the estimated price (yes i know its an estimate) on the japanese car aution site is about 6 grand

^Hmm.

So it would be the same story with nct/vrt/collection as tcv?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

I know people who have bought via tradecar with problems,its basically a japanease carzone,sometimes dealers dont even have the cars instock they have listed,and the price you see isnt the final price you pay,theres dereg charges or fob/cif to be added.

Look at idirect.co.jp,your buying direct from auction there and the end price you win at is the total price you pay shipped to ireland.

The winning bid price there is your CIF price to dublin,after that you just need to worry about customs vat and vrt then collection,tax nct ect ect

Theres money to be saved either way,you just may be talking 3/4 months total time before the exact car you want turns up/you win it/its shipped so you need patience!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 chris11

Can anyone list some auction sites that they have used and more info about this whole process?maybe we can make a definitive guide to importing a jap car by yourself thread.

i think there is one sumwhere but its never been stickied.

a fresh up to date one with info from people that have brought cars in would be very useful.

• Advertisement
Advertisement