Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Apocalyptica - Worlds Collide

• 27-09-2007 1:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone get the new Apocalyptica album yet? I have to say, I never heard much of their stuff besides the Metallica covers, and the song Valtio they did for Sepultura. But their new video caught my eye on tv ("I'm Not Jesus" with Corey Taylor) so I picked up the album, and I love it.

Out of the 11 tracks, there are only 4 with vocals - the guests being Corey Taylor, Till Lindemann (Rammstein), Adam Gontier (Three Days Grace) and Cristina Scabbia (Lacuna Coil) and the rest are instrumental (with a couple of guests, like Dave Lombardo). I was really amazed at the sounds they make with the cellos, if you didn't know what they were playing you'd think they were guitars. The instrumental songs are all excellent, and probably better than any of the songs with vocals.

I'd definately recommend it, anyone else get it? Or any Apocalyptica fans that could recommend other albums?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Inquisition Symphony
    Plays Metallica

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Its next on my list.
    Silly cdwow dont have it so I may try Bricks and Mortar shop at the weekend.
    Looking forward to it and to seeing them live.

I would recommend Reflections.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

After hearing the track with till and the track with corey i must say i need this album, it sounds amazing from the two tracks i heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Delorian

Oh man, live they would be killer but never heard talk of them playing here. Have downloaded some videos of them live and they played on the main stage of a festival a year before the year I attended and the video looked amazing.

I'd like to recommend searching for "Apocalyptica eurovision" in YouTube. We give the world Riverdance, Finland give that. It's class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

for those who want to see them live - check certain websites now for something in December

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

I saw them live a few years ago in a seated concert hall (here in Finland) packed with people varying from hard-line rockers to sixty-somethings in suit and tie. A friend of mine was roadying for them at the time and I got to meet them before and after the concert. (The funny thing is, when I met them, in an outdoor bar terrace, before the concert, I didn't recognise them. I just thought they were other roadies :D. Really sound lads) The concert was brilliant, just the four cellists onstage giving it their all.

I think their new stuff is excellent, esp the new single, "I'm not Jesus"

Here's the vid.....

(it's seems to go little out of sinc towards the middle but the song still sounds great.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I got the album last week, but havent really listened to it much yet. One song that did catch my ear was the one with Cristina Scabbia as she sounds so much better than she ever did on any Lacuna Coil album.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Nightwish wrote:
    I got the album last week, but havent really listened to it much yet. One song that did catch my ear was the one with Cristina Scabbia as she sounds so much better than she ever did on any Lacuna Coil album.
    I got a hold of it myself last week as well. The song with Ms. Scabbia, SOS (Anything But Love), is very, very good. After I listened to it a few times I had to remind myself that they were playing cellos, not guitars like Necromomicon :)

Check out EMP Merchandising to order the album. It's where I got it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Ph3n0m wrote:
    for those who want to see them live - check certain websites now for something in December
    You, Ph3n0m, are a gent :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 GSW

"I'm not Jesus" is a savage track!!! I found the song quite by accident but I'm hooked on it ever since!

• Advertisement

Bought it at the weekend and it is now on cdwow.
    Well impressed.
    Love the German version of Heroes.
    Got gig tickets also, roll on December.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Great album, tickets bought and they were for nothing too!

SDooM wrote:
    Great album, tickets bought and they were for nothing too!
    Yeah, its great getting 2 tickets for around the 50 mark for a change!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I know. I'm going to see Machine Head, Archangel and Apocalyptica for under 60 euro... Take that Streisand!!!

Seriously though I'd have paid alot to see apocalyptica, thanks lads :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

What was the song they did at the Eurovision?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Oh I've got to get this, I loved their last album. :) Need to acquire means of seeing them live too!

Eurovision I know they did an instrumental version of Life Burns, can't remember the other songs though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Wonder why they didn't just do one of their instrumentals instead of an instrumental version of Life Burns!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

They did a medley of two songs I think, I didn't recognise the second song but the first was definately Worlds Collide, the first song on the new album.

Faraway from Reflections was in there also.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭hyn-zie

Bought it yesterday and i have to say i was a bit weiry of it cause i usually don't buy any album unless they release a few tracks but i got this and loved it, magic and genius

• Advertisement
Advertisement