Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scott Road Bikes

Options
  • 27-09-2007 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

Hi,

Anyone any info on Scott frames, looking at the CR1 Team or the CR1 Pro. I've had a look at a few sites in the US and the Scott seems to get very favourable comments, some rating them higher than Cannondales and Treks for comparably priced products.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Great bike, would prefer it to Cannondale or Trek myself as well (although I like the new madones). Very, very light and a nice feel to them (one of our guys rides one with full Dura Ace and Zipp wheels, super looking bike). Good value for money too (you will get more bang for your buck than for the same priced Trek or Cannondale if you shop smart) and were actually raced in the pro-tour under the Saunier Duval team I think a couple of years back (not like that makes it a better bike, but some people like their bikes to have that pro-tour endorsement) ....

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Manone

Thanks for that. I'm going for value for money and they seem to tick all the boxes with regard to quality, build and design. I suppose the catch is they're not readily available here.

The frame warranty may not be as good as the other brands mentioned. You are right about the Saunier Duval using them, they still do with their top end bikes coming in under UCI weight regulations.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Cycle Superstore used to have them... Had great deals on framesets only last year. Maybe they can pick you up one ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

Great deals on Scotts here:

http://www.pedalon.co.uk/acatalog/road_bike_sale.html

Fast delivery too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

Saunier Duval were using them in this years tour, using sram groupset me thinks

• Advertisement
Advertisement