Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jdk?

Options
  • 27-09-2007 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hey all, I've just started a course on programming, and was wondering if there's anywhere online that I can download the JDK to run very basic java programs? Have tried downloading from Sun etc, but all they seem to install are folders and folders of classes etc...

Am confused :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

sounds like it's working fine. What you need to do is to learn how to compile and run java programs from the command prompt. This is a start.

Also this and this

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

JonT wrote:
    Hey all, I've just started a course on programming, and was wondering if there's anywhere online that I can download the JDK to run very basic java programs? Have tried downloading from Sun etc, but all they seem to install are folders and folders of classes etc...

Am confused :confused:

Any chance you are mixing up the JDK with an IDE - integrated development environment? Basically a windowed environment where you can create and run programs.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭JonT

No, it's the JDK we were using in college. Thanks for the help! Will try this later and see how I get on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Download and use Eclipse. It will make your life much, much easier!

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭sicruise

If he is just beginning then there is no point in using an IDE if he doesn't understand what it is doing.

Let him use the command line tools for now and he can build himself up gradually.

• Advertisement
Advertisement