Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Taking a car off the road for 6 months

Options
  • 27-09-2007 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

I'm looking to take my car off the road for 6 months, i've been told i need to get the gaurds to sign some form.

Anyone know what this form is called and where I can get it? (Can I just get it in the Gaurds Station?)

Anything else I need to do besides cancel my car insurance too?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

you just need to get the form;
    https://www.motortax.ie/mtoapp/pdf/RF100A_en.pdf

signed&Stamped(down the bottom - Section 7) when you are bringing it back onto the road - so you dont have to pay the tax in the time its not on the road...

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭NBar

If its off the road for six months then you need nothing signed til you come to put it back on the road again

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭aodhu

Does that apply if it's less the 6months? or does it have to be 6months+ ?

Edit: I didn't see the form, that's great, thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

any amount of time at all....

When i got my first car I went on holidays for 3 months I let the tax run out and when I came back I took that form to the station and they stamped it... then brought it to the tax office and I was taxed from that day forward....

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭aodhu

Great, Thanks James.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

I used to work abroad and my car was "off the road" so to speak on a regular basis. Remember to get your insurance reduced to the minimum (i.e. fire & theft). I got a whole wad of cash back this way.

Advertisement