Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Factory Head Units- Replaceable?

Options
  • 27-09-2007 3:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

hey,

just bought a 2006 opel astra gtc and the cd player is just about as basic as it gets so i want to get a new one that has mp3/ dvd/ ipod capabilities.. my only prob is that this is the blaupunkt cd30 system thats built into the dash, does that mean i'm stuck with it or is there a way around it?

Shelly

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

You can usually get an adapter panel that fits into the slot your dash where the CD30 is, and in turn, any DIN sized radio will fit into the adapter. Most car stereo installers should be able to get these for you.

I feel your pain as I also have that crappy CD30 in my Zafira - At full volume you can still hold a conversation with a passenger. Note that if it's a CD30M it can play MP3 CDs.

EDIT : http://www.deals-on-ice.co.uk/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=6&zenid=e83d81a2d46acf4ecbec53abfbfc048f

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Shelly23

phew!! theres some hope then!

i was actually looking into getting a double DIN installed... touchscreen n all that, i'm such a boy when it comes to my gadgets!

n as i say i only picked up the car so i have nooo idea if it plays mp3's.. i think it just seys CD30 so yes i will be tryin that on my way home cheers :).. in terms of volume its loud but not exactly great. i prefer to have my music loud with plenty of bass so yup my car is struggling with it!

any ideas where i go to start looking for that adaptor panel? I tried googling a few things n came up blank..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Shelly23 wrote:

any ideas where i go to start looking for that adaptor panel?

Most car stereo installers will be able to supply them.

Try www.safesounds.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Safesounds

We have the panel you're looking for in stock in either silver or black. Drop in whenever you get the chance. Ask for Michael or Aaron. =]

yeah so i started the research part and found that the fascia plates are actually quite easy to get hold of- duh me!

I've been looking at getting the KENWOOD-DDX-7029 unit and get the bluetooth and ipod adaptors for it. does anyone know anything about this unit? will i still be able to use my wheel controls?

thanks safesounds, i'll defo give you a call when i figure out exactly if what i want can be done on my budget!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Safesounds

Not familiar with the Kenwood unit, we don't sell Kenwood anymore. You can get steering wheel remote adaptors for most cars, as long as the radio you pick supports hard wired remote input. The adaptors can be expensive though. Just one more thing, I don't think you can fit a double din sized unit in your car, from what I remember the space is too big for it and I haven't seen a double din facia panel for that car yet. Modifying the single din panel would be tricky.
    If you want a hand figuring out what exactly you can get for your budget, give us a call or drop in sometime. Our details are on the site linked in Crosstownk's post above ^^ There are still single din pop-out touchscreen systems available if double din doesn't work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

there are not panel out there yet that will allow you to fit a double-din head unit. You bets option is a touch screen motorised panel cd dvd player like the ones from Pioneer and they are not that expensive anymore.

If you want to make use of the remote control on the steering wheel, my advice is to stick with well known brands (Sony, Pioneer, Kenwood, Alpine, etc.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Danny9880

Hi, does anyone know where i can get a double din adapter for Nissan primstar. Before you say it i know it is single din as standard but i have removed the clock assembly giving me 2 x single din slots. I have a double din headunit with all the bells and whistles, only problem is no mounting cage or adapter brackets supplied with it (NO its not stolen its just chinese) It has the usual m5 and m6 mounting holes on the side of the unit to take mounting brackets. thanks!

well i managed to source my double din fascia- woohoo! ( i attached it i think!)

company called connects2 do them and they are available in ireland through Lawless Automotive in the KCR industrial Estate.

so i have the fascia sorted, kenwood headunit i'll buy anyday now.. any ideas on who can fit it all??? i hear the opels are a pain the the rear in terms of wiring?!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Tbh you should have a go at fitting it yourself. It should be just a matter of just buying the correct adaptors and you'll be sorted, it's not difficult.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭SecureSounds

The kenwood double din units look excellent when fitted and fit the new astra no problem. You can see some on our website under multimedia installs.

www.securesounds.ie

Thanks for that- checked out your site!

I'd love to get the kenwood ddx-7029 with the ipod adaptor/ bt adaptor in the car, can that still operate from the steering wheel??

and i know its probly impossibly to throw a price at but rough figures.. just to figure out it budget will stretch :)

then again at this stage i dont overly care, the cd30 system is a nightmare!!

Advertisement