Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with Azureus

Options
  • 27-09-2007 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭

Hope somebody here can help me. I have been using Azureus for the last 9 months with no problem. have the internet connected upstairs through my laptop and when downloading I average dl speed of 150KB/S (have a 2 meg connection with UTV).

Anyway a few weeks ago my housemate got a laptop so I bought a wireless router.. hooked it up to the existing router so my friend could access the net wirelessy.

Since then I seem to be having trouble with Azurues. The Max download speed is now around 25kb/s and I hardly every get a green icon when downloading. It is usually yellow.
    Would this problem be connected with me setting up the wireless router? If so what should I do to resolve it? Should I be portforwarding?? I dont even know how to do that correctly. I never set it up in Azurues as I was happy with the speeds I had. Is there a better bit torrent client than Azurues out there that I could maybe change to? Is Utorrent any good, is it easy to set up? I dont want to set up port forwarding unless I have to as I am afraid I will mess up the whole connection to the net. Sorry for all the questions. Its all a learning curve for me.

Id really appreciate any help

Thanks

Gaz

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,288 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

gazzer wrote:
    Would this problem be connected with me setting up the wireless router? If so what should I do to resolve it? Should I be portforwarding??

Id really appreciate any help

Thanks

Gaz

Whatever ports that Azureus uses in your case will need to be forwarded on the router to your machine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Its usually a straightforward enough process to set up port forwarding, and this is almost definitely what you need to do here, but we can't really help you without knowing what kind of router you're using.
    try googling the model of your router followed by "port forwarding", or just posting it here and I'm sure someone with a similar setup will be able to help you

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Thanks for the quick replies.. I am in work at the moment so dont know the exact model number on the router. I will post back when i get home with that info.. Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭mickzer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Ive checked the model of the router and the wireless router.
    I originally had a Voyager 210 ADSL Router. I then got a Belkin Wireless G router (F5D7230-4) and connected that to the original router and that is how my setup has been for the last few weeks. I presume I check the portforwarding site and look at how to portforward for the Belkin Wireless router??

I discovered that I had Utorrent installed on my computer(must have downloaded it a good few months back when I just had the Voyager router). Anyway I decided to try it out and downloaded a video. I was getting speeds of up to 80KP/S. While this is not great it is still a lot better than the speeds I am getting on Azureus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭mickzer

Here is the page for your router and u-torrent:

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Belkin/F5D7230-4/Utorrent.htm

mickzer

Advertisement