Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Lunatic in a reasonably priced car?

Options
  • 27-09-2007 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭

Just behind an obviously fearless woman driving a Silver Cork Reg 2003 Suzuki Liana, with loose kids walking over the seats, and she was eating something off her lap ... with cutlery. Absolutely mental stuff!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

ned78 wrote:
    Just behind an obviously fearless woman driving a Silver Cork Reg 2003 Suzuki Liana, with loose kids walking over the seats, and she was eating something off her lap ... with cutlery. Absolutely mental stuff!

And your point is? Sounds like a typical Irish female driver to me (awaits backlash :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

Loose kids in the back, front, wherever should be an automatic court appearance, imo. WTF is wrong with people???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

ned78 wrote:

The stuff I see when driving around makes me sick sometimes. I recently saw a couple in a Golf barrelling down the N7. The car was so full of stuff the woman in the passenger seat had a child on her lap!!! But, to her credit, she was wearing her seatbelt......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 watchinpaintdry

totally worthy of a new thread :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

totally worthy of a new thread :rolleyes:

That is a bit of a smart arze comment for a relative newbie. If you have nothing good to say, say nothing at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 watchinpaintdry

Yes, sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭NewApproach

Saw someone driving and reading a book at the same time once!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

prospect wrote:
    That is a bit of a smart arze comment for a relative newbie. If you have nothing good to say, say nothing at all.

smart arsed comments have a postcount requirement do they?

on topic: are we talking knife and fork or spoon? cus the first one requires some skill.

was she applying make-up at the same time?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

prospect wrote:

His comment makes more sense than yours. He may be a "relative newbie" but he's proved he has a higher IQ than you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

AntiVirus wrote:
    His comment makes more sense than yours. He may be a "relative newbie" but he's proved he has a higher IQ than you do.

Post reported for personal insult.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

ned78 wrote:

not at all sure how you could describe that as a personal insult. He compared his iq unfavourably to another poster. He appears to be bang on.

If you think that is a personal insult you would want to get out and about a bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

This the PMT thread, is it?;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

What a disaster of a thread.

Maybe all rants should be in one stickied thread

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

Would it not be better for the Woman and her kids safety to report what you saw or have you already done that?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

prospect wrote:

You're hardly in much of a position to call anyone a newbie. And why are you doling out advice that you don't follow yourself?
    ned78 wrote:

LOL, are you prospect's mammy? Can he not defend himself? It's quite spiteful and childish to come back onto a thread and specifically announce that you reported a post. (Particularly when there weren't any personal insults in the reported post)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BnA

Anyhooo....back to the point...

A few simple rules for eating and driving...

1) Whatever it is, make sure it fits in one hand. i.e. Sandwich, Burger, Wrap.... If you are getting a large roll, make sure you get them to cut it in two.

2) Try and avoid anything that's going to drip out. i.e. Coleslaw, Egg Salad....the like...

3) Avoid grated cheese. It gets everywhere. Go for the sliced stuff instead.

4) Unless you are an expert in the art......Give the ketchup a miss.

5) Definately avoid anything that needs a fork. If you can't eat it with your hands, you can't eat it.
    * Microtip.... If your heart desires a Curry Chip.... Get the Curry on the side in a wee tub. Lob the tub up on the dash board and bob's your uncle. Dip away to your hearts content.

6) Try and plan your eating according to the road \ traffic. i.e. If you have a good 10 minutes of fairly straight road, get something to eat before it. Of if there is somewhere where you know you are going to be held in traffic for a while just starting and stopping, you can stock up before it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Cake Fiend wrote:
    LOL, are you prospect's mammy? Can he not defend himself? It's quite spiteful and childish to come back onto a thread and specifically announce that you reported a post. (Particularly when there weren't any personal insults in the reported post)

Actually, I would consider comparing someone's IQ as a method of making a point to be quite the personal insult. And your attitude towards me, and your method of making a point is disgraceful for someone who is supposed to be a mod. You should be setting an example, not behaving like a child.

The reason I reported the post, and subsequently posted in this thread, is because the thread was wildly going off topic, and the insults wouldn't have been long snowballing. And I'm still convinced what I did was right, no matter what your opinion is. Unfortunately, the future of this thread, will probably end up being locked, and any chance of debate on the original subject is now well and truly lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,395 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Enough already

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement