Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The evolution of boards.ie

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

this all apears as just the underlining html code, but when i go to quote it appears correctly as embedded flash.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

You have a lot of stars.

All you need to do is approve the Microwave and Time Machines forum, and your vision will be complete

Interesting. I think I saw some of it before elsewhere. Is the future for the next while confined to social.ie or will there be additional sister-sites/services coming on stream?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Yeah, a link will work better - edited.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054978195

tsk tsk

cool slide show, onwards and upwards!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Nice one Cloudie. Love the stats.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Wow, gamers gone from the dominant majority here to a small minority!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Nice, but I don't believe it evolved.
    God did it all. Are you God?

Also, the 3% rise in the use of the Rec catergory over the last year is completely down to me.
    You're welcome.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Very informative. Onwards and upwards....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Congrats on the success of .ie, but others I have visited, .jp and .us are basically in need of a kick up the arse. The only time there's any activity on .us is when .ie is down.

Maybe a consolidation or rationalisation of the empire is in order - make what works better, and what doesn't experience gained and history.

1.5 million visits (posts?), from 750,000 visitors is an odd stat. How few in number are the posters with a higher number of posts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Interesting to see the progression over the years - particularly to a relative n00b like myself. Something to be very proud of!

Would liked to have seen the coke:hookers stats & how they've progressed; not to mention the Nazi Mod Machine & their army of LolCats that keeps the whole place running. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

nice and flashy but no slides devoted to spiralling search ability.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

1.5 million visits (posts?), from 750,000 visitors is an odd stat. How few in number are the posters with a higher number of posts?

abou half the members have never posted

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Congrats on the success. Long may it continue.

I was very interested by the "topics trend" slides. Interesting to see the other topics catch up and overtake gaming.

Also, I never really realised the physical infrastructure behind boards.ie.

As a non-paying member (may be about to change :) ), I would like to thank those who provide such a great free service.

P.S. Anyone who feels the need to lambast me over the latter, do so in a PM. Let's keep this topic in a congratulatory vein. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Thanks all...

I should say that we do plan to employ someone full-time in the short term.

I think that this is the first step in our evolution towards a more business-like entity (in a good way), and will mean that we can no longer refer to boards.ie as a 'hobby'!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I'm actually proud to tell people the stats for this place, I genuinely feel like I am part of something .... even if some of you hate me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Cloud wrote:
    Thanks all...

I think that this is the first step in our evolution towards a more business-like entity (in a good way), and will mean that we can no longer refer to boards.ie as a 'hobby'!
    Exxxcceeelllllent.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Cloud wrote:
    Thanks all...

That would be pretty cool. Congrats on all the success so far and I hope it continues long in to the future. Quick question cloud. Do you know where that thread you posted about how boards started out is. I could have sworn it was stickied in the newbies forum but it isn't there. It makes for very interesting reading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Cloud wrote:

Full-time hooker/coke dealer?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Cloud wrote:
    Thanks all...

Gis a job. Seriously. I need one where I can work from home.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Page 22 clearly contains a lie.

8 min 34 seconds????? Pah! :p

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Finally! :D

/me crosses out all work experience and replaces with S-mod boards.ie, References: Cloud, boards.ie

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

That is really cool John, seems like a lecture worth viewing. Would probably be good with some narration / opinion, but great all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

That would be pretty cool. Congrats on all the success so far and I hope it continues long in to the future. Quick question cloud. Do you know where that thread you posted about how boards started out is. I could have sworn it was stickied in the newbies forum but it isn't there. It makes for very interesting reading.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=1

That the one?

Maybe not :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

That's some really interesting stuff, thanks for posting it. Just out of idle curiosity, did you take questions about boards after the presentation? If so, what kind of things did people ask you about?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Cloud wrote:
    Thanks all...

oh now there is a can of verms...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Spankeh wrote:

No that isn't it. It was about how it started out and some of the things that happened through the years. It was pretty cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

wow, 208 countries, that I didn't expect.
    mike65 wrote:
    8 min 34 seconds????? Pah! :p
    Ok, in your case it stands for 8 hours 34 mins :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Blowfish wrote:
    wow, 208 countries, that I didn't expect.
    Proxies+banned users? ;)

<snip>

Advertisement