Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LUAS Pub Crawl

Options
  • 27-09-2007 4:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭

Hey,

I'm tying to plan Luas pub crawl for some friends and I just want some tips on which pubs would be good to go to.

We decided we'd do the Red Line,simply because its more diverse.

So I'm thinking we start drinking at Connolly and finish off in Tallaght...we probably won't get off at every stop but we'll defo do at least 10 places.

So has anyone got any recommendations for places that are "interesting" and worth visiting?

One example of a place I'd love to see is pub between 4 courts and smithfield, right next to the luas line. Its a brick pub standing by itself, looks pretty cool alright.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

I dont know of enough pubs to help you out, but as a particiapnt in Dart Crawls going back over many years, I'd advise you start the crawl in Tallaght, and work your way into town. There's more late night pubs in town, you also might decide in your drunken state to go cclubbing so town might be a better option. Also, if you have a big group it could be easier for them to get home from town than from tallaght.

Either way, enjoy! Post a report afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Sounds deadly!!! must give it a try sometime!
    As Des said...i'd also advise starting in tallaght as it'll make things easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

The OP and his mates might live in Tallaght, so basically they end up home at the end of the night instead of getting the taxi.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭raheny red

Great idea, always wanted to do the same thing except doing it along the Dart line. Good luck with it :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭nikolaitr

None of us actuallt live in tallagth,. we're from all ofver the place so town would be the easiest place to meet.

Plus I figure the luas back from tallaght drunk would be humourous

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

the dart crawl is good, the green line luas crawl isn't great and the red line one is useless. It's not a crawl if you don't have a pub per stop imo and the green line is poor enough for that, while the red line is absolute pants imo..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

Wynne's Hotel or the Abbey Tavern ? at Abbey Street
    Keoghs? at Jervis
    Dice at Museum
    Hueston station bar at Hueston
    Kenny's of James' St at St.James' Hospital
    The Bird Flanagan at Rialto
    Marble Arch at Goldnebridge
    Black Horse on Tyrconnell Road at er, Blackhorse
    Moran's Hotel at Red Cow

thats what I mean, that is less than half the stops, that is more of a easy few beers rather than a crawl. also the chances of getting from the red cow stop to morans alive with a few beers on you are minimal, besides it is closer to kylemore.

copacetic wrote:
    the dart crawl is good, the green line luas crawl isn't great and the red line one is useless. It's not a crawl if you don't have a pub per stop imo and the green line is poor enough for that, while the red line is absolute pants imo..

Blackhorse-blackhorse Inn
    Bluebell-There is one in the village
    Kylemore- One next to Royal liver
    Red Cow- Not that hard to cross considering there IS a crossing for people/bikes....
    I haven't been past that point on the LUAS but I'm sure the case is the same in Tallaght Kingswood....

A pint at all 22 stations?

You must be Super hard copacetic, cause most people would black out doing that...kind of ruining the fun.

That is unless you drink alcopops....

Is that you're secret?

nikolaitr wrote:
    Blackhorse-blackhorse Inn
    Bluebell-There is one in the village
    Kylemore- One next to Royal liver
    Red Cow- Not that hard to cross considering there IS a crossing for people/bikes....
    I haven't been past that point on the LUAS but I'm sure the case is the same in Tallaght Kingswood....

A pint at all 22 stations?

You must be Super hard copacetic, cause most people would black out doing that...kind of ruining the fun.

That is unless you drink alcopops....

Is that you're secret?

nah, you cut back to glasses so you can get all of them in, otherwise you won't have time in the day. just like the dart crawl and again you are missing out a pile of stops, to get all the dart stations in you have to start in an early house and drink glasses and have someone run ahead to order the beers at each pub also.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bikerchick

If I were you:
    Harbourmaster - Connolly
    Iaasc Butts - BusAras
    TP Smiths - Jervis
    Hughes' - Four Courts
    Cobblestone - Smithfield
    Ryans/Dicebar (I cant choose!) - Museum

I doubt you'll be able to have a drink at every stop tho - you'll be in bits before you get half-way!:D

copacetic wrote:
    nah, you cut back to glasses so you can get all of them in, otherwise you won't have time in the day. just like the dart crawl and again you are missing out a pile of stops, to get all the dart stations in you have to start in an early house and drink glasses and have someone run ahead to order the beers at each pub also.

As far as I know all the stops between Connolly and Red Cow have a Pub with-in visual distnace...barring maybe Fatima

But anyways, like I said I never planned to hit every place...it would be a bit much, and expensive.

bikerchick wrote:
    If I were you:
    Harbourmaster - Connolly
    Iaasc Butts - BusAras
    TP Smiths - Jervis
    Hughes' - Four Courts
    Cobblestone - Smithfield
    Ryans/Dicebar (I cant choose!) - Museum

I doubt you'll be able to have a drink at every stop tho - you'll be in bits before you get half-way!:D

Cheers Bikerchick

I've never been to those places...can you post whats interesting about them...so I can choose between different peoples suggestions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Truck drove into Dice bar last week - Reckon smashed up and closed for a bit.

Red Cow - Red Cow Inn

Heuston - Pub in Heuston

St James - Hmmm????

Not to knock the Harbourmaster and Isaac Butts but should it not be the bar in Conolloy - Eden (or something similar methinks) or at the very least the Vaults underneath it and the bar in Bus Aras (presuming not 100% there is one) seeing as it is more in keeping with the Luas theme,no?

nikolaitr wrote:
    As far as I know all the stops between Connolly and Red Cow have a Pub with-in visual distnace...barring maybe Fatima

But anyways, like I said I never planned to hit every place...it would be a bit much, and expensive.

well they don't, so best of luck!

as for not hitting a pub for every stop, i dunno what kind of half assed pub crawl you are running but I for one am ashamed of this lazy lackidasical attidude that is apparent in the youth of today! :D

copacetic wrote:
    thats what I mean, that is less than half the stops, that is more of a easy few beers rather than a crawl. also the chances of getting from the red cow stop to morans alive with a few beers on you are minimal, besides it is closer to kylemore.
    Well where's YOUR bleedin' list? lol.

If you use Moran's Hotel as the Kylemore stop, what are you going to use for the Red Cow Stop?

If you can't find a pub in the city centre you shouldn't be out drinking, likewise if you can't get from Moran's hotel to the Red Cow stop.

For Fatima, try Lowe's in the Barn. Bit of a trek but doable.Go up Reuben St. when the Fatima regeneration reopens the bottom end of Reuben.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭havana

The Brewery pub near Guinesses is probably nearest to the Fatima stop, although I have no idea what it is like.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Not to knock the Harbourmaster and Isaac Butts but should it not be the bar in Conolloy - Eden (or something similar methinks) or at the very least the Vaults underneath it and the bar in Bus Aras (presuming not 100% there is one) seeing as it is more in keeping with the Luas theme,no?

Reades is another nice spot in Store St. Thing about that area though, its hardly worth the effort getting the Luas between Habourmaster and Butts/Reades. Would be quicker to walk.

• Advertisement

havana wrote:
    The Brewery pub near Guinesses is probably nearest to the Fatima stop, although I have no idea what it is like.

That's right it would be. Rough as 'eck, I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭havana

Maybe I'll give it a miss so - this area really needs a decent pub!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

sounds like a bit of craic might look into this sometime :)

tampopo wrote: »
    Wynne's Hotel or the Abbey Tavern ? at Abbey Street
    Keoghs? at Jervis
    Dice at Museum
    Hueston station bar at Hueston
    Kenny's of James' St at St.James' Hospital
    The Bird Flanagan at Rialto
    Marble Arch at Goldnebridge
    Black Horse on Tyrconnell Road at er, Blackhorse
    Moran's Hotel at Red Cow

Yeah well, Timmons on Victoria Quay is the nearest pub to Museum.

Advertisement