Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with MAGNET

Options
  • 27-09-2007 4:48pm

I'm in Limerick and a landlord friend of mine decided to get Magnet BB in four of his houses that he rents to students. However nobody can connect to the service.

I tried today with an installation CD that came with the modem but got a "the computer cannot connect to the device with the specified network adaptor" message. This was when I was trying to connect wirelessly.

I then tried by hooking up the computer to the modem with the ethernet cable supplied. Supposedly a light is supposed to come on on the modem display but nothing.

We got some codes from the guy who installed it but none of them look like a WEP code...for example one is BERKCLOS04.

Help!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 GAMESDWARF

the wep for magnet 2wire modem is the numbers on the modem between the [ and ] .Hope that helps

numbers on the modem? Where are they? On the bottom? On the back? On the front? Can't see any! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Can you still not connect a computer to the magnet router with an ethernet cable?

When I tried an ethernet cable the corresponding icon on the modem would not light up as it stated in the instructions it should. I called the guy who installed the modems but he wasn't much help, he mentioned something about dhcp.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

When I tried an ethernet cable the corresponding icon on the modem would not light up as it stated in the instructions it should. I called the guy who installed the modems but he wasn't much help, he mentioned something about dhcp.

Does your network card otherwise work ? Are the drivers installed ? Is it enabled in the BIOS ?

Does a light go on at your network card, and you get some result, if you connect with another network device, like a switch or router ?

/Marlow

• Advertisement
Advertisement