Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone bill probs after switching to O2.

• 27-09-2007 5:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,736 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right place to post this so apologies mods if you need to move it.

Anyway, switched from Vodafone to O2 last June and got some strange bills from Vodafone since then. The bank kindly deactivated the direct debit before they could take any more money from me and mentioned something about it happening often. :eek:

But now I've received a stern letter threatening me with being referred to a dept collection agency if I don't cough up the dosh. On going through some bills I have found they have already charged me for service charges for time after I changed over to O2.

I'm in corrospondence with customer care about it but wondering if anyone else has had similar problems and if they managed to resolve them.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭sparkulicous

Where you still in contract when you switched to o2? If so you would still be liable for termination charges of the contract?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

most likely a cancel contract fee you incurred if you were in contrct at the time, did you get an upgrade before you cancelled?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,736 ✭✭✭sudzs

krudler wrote:
    most likely a cancel contract fee you incurred if you were in contrct at the time, did you get an upgrade before you cancelled?

No! Contract was up about a year ago so it cant be that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭nazoil

You are required to give 1 months notice from your next billing day. If you don't you are liable for the charge up to the time your notice would have expired.

Therefore you could be liable for 2 months minus i day. Let's say your billing day is the 16th, and you switched to O2 on the 17th August. You would be liable for charges up to 16th October.

Initial 12/18 month contracts are deemed to continue on a monthly basis unless the appropriate notice is given. Unfortunately you would remain liable for any add-ons as well as the Basic Monthly rental.

For anyone considering switching networks, it is advisable to use up the notice period with your existing operator and ideally switch over on the last day of the notice period. The BILLING day can be checked on your bill and for notice to take effect, give the notice a couple of days before billing day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Dragman

I had similar problems with em. Was still being billed after i cancelled the contract, several (Help me please, i dont unstand why ur still billing me) emails did fix it.
    Rest assured as long as i live Vodafone will never get money out of me again, (long story, Too long)
    If any one wants to avoid hell on earth (seriously) STAY AWAY from Vodafone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement