Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pat's Lucky Day

Options
  • 27-09-2007 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭

Flicking through his newspaper on the bus after another tedious day at work, Pat idly glanced at his horoscope for the day.

"Be bold this evening - it could be your lucky day"

"Lucky - yeah, I'll bet" he muttered to himself. But he could not help being intrigued.

He got home and grabbed a sandwich, showered and changed. Dashing out of the front door, he caught the bus to town with seconds to spare. It sped to town through green lights, and dropped him right outside his favouriite bar just as it stopped raining. "Well, I'm off to a good start" he thought. "It might just be my lucky day"

In the bar lounge there were few customers - it was still early. Checking his reflection in the mirror, Pat thought he was looking pretty good. In the mirror, he spotted a stunningly beautiful girl sitting alone in a corner. Taking his courage in his hands, Pat decided he'd go and talk to her.

"Good evening" said Pat. "Do you mind if I join you?"
    "Not at all", replied the girl. "I was waiting for a friend, but it seems that she could not make it".

Pat bought drinks for the two of them, and sat down beside her to chat. The girl was from India, and was dressed in a beautiful sari which emphasised her natural beauty. Everything Pat said to her produced the right response, and she laughed prettily at all his witty jokes. They got on like a house on fire.

"This really could be my lucky day", thought Pat. "Would you like to go on to a Club?" he asked her.

"Oh yes - I love to dance" said the girl.

The evening went like a dream, at the club, at a quiet restaurant, and all the way home to the door of the young girl's apartment. Pat thought, "It really has been my lucky day". He leant forward to kiss her goodnight, but she drew back and said softly "Would you like to come in for a nightcap?"

In a few hours, they lay in one another's arms in the warm afterglow of their lovemaking. Pat looked down at her beautiful face, and whispered "This really has been my lucky day. I've never seen such a lovely face". He touched the red spot on her forehead. "I've often wondered what this is for", he said.

"It's just a cosmetic thing really" she smiled. "Part of my make-up. You can rub it off if you like".

Pat gently rubbed at the red dye, then looked her in the eyes once more.

"It really is my lucky day. I've won a Honda Civic".

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

that woz shockin....heres your coat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

I don't get it...

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭mickrourke

well I both got it and liked it :D
    good stuff Mr. H, have some yellow pointy shaped things

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

Fringe wrote:
    I don't get it...
    +1

Oliverdog wrote:
    "It's just a cosmetic thing really" she smiled. "Part of my make-up. You can rub it off if you like".

Pat gently rubbed at the red dye, then looked her in the eyes once more.

"It really is my lucky day. I've won a Honda Civic".

All right then, he rubbed off her red dot and won a car, like scratching a lottery ticket......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

Ha ha ha ha! I just heard a joke very similar from Jeff Dunham, though it was just the punch line. Thumbs up!

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

Thanks Mick - there's a future for you as my minder/interpreter. Take 10% of my yellow pointy things as your cut.

At present, this stands at 10% of SFA! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

I liked it. Have some more shiny pointy things.

Oliverdog wrote:
    Thanks Mick - there's a future for you as my minder/interpreter. Take 10% of my yellow pointy things as your cut.

At present, this stands at 10% of SFA! :cool:

Excellent, a job at last! I can be Kevin Costner to your Witney Heuston.

**wanders off singing**
    and iiiii iiiii wiiiiilll alllwayyss luvvv yoouuuu

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

Hagar wrote:
    I liked it. Have some more shiny pointy things.

+1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

mickrourke wrote:
    All right then, he rubbed off her red dot and won a car, like scratching a lottery ticket......
    I see... I was reading too much into it. I thought the dot was covering something. All I could think about was Rimmer's 'H' for hologram, or in this case the Honda logo, on her head and said to myself "a Red Dwarf joke... nooooooo, it couldn't be... but why else would someone have a 'H' on their head?"

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭H.O.T.A.S.

+1

Advertisement