Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vindicated!

Options
  • 27-09-2007 5:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

Some months back I was banned from After Hours for saying that religious schools in Ireland should be closed.

Since my comments, the whole issue has bust wide open in the media, and is now the subject of huge public debate.

Ivana Bacik, that scion of Irish Liberalism, is on Newstalk at this moment telling George Hook that all religious schools - including muslim madrassehs - should be closed.

I am vindicated.

This is clear proof that the moderation standards on this website are puerile, and based on bone-headed knee-jerk PC hysteria.

I just came back to make that point.
    I have no interest in this board anymore.
    I use Indymedia and Politics.ie now to discuss political issues rationally with other sane people.
    So don't waste your time un-banning me.
    See ya.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i really doubt you were banned for saying religious schools need to be closed.....

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

You agree with Ivana Bacik on one subject. Whoop de do. I think you need to reevaluate your meaning of the word vindicate, unless she is infallible? If she is infallible then accept my humble apologies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I use Indymedia and Politics.ie now to discuss political issues rationally with other sane people.

roflmaololwtfqtf!!!! :D

Did anyone else piss themselves at this?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

How does the fact that Ivana Bacik, a woman one of the owners of this site personally hates with quite a vengeance, state something you agree with vindicate you?

Oh, were you really banned for stating all religious schools should be closed? Or are you leaving out a teency weency little thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Scoobydoobydoo

Vindicated? Why? - I can't stand that woman, Ivana Bacik, she single-handedly puts me off voting Labour, and I am inclined towards left wing politics generally. My own views on this subject are not PC, but I certainly wouldn't be celebrating about having similar opinions as her!!! Nooooo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Well done OP.

I prostrate myself at the altar of your overwhelming superiority, talent for understatement, transcendal knowledge and all round good taste in minor Irish political figures and discussion sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

We should have a sticky thread in Feedback for all-time classic quotes.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Hmm. brb.

It is you.
    Ahh, I knew you would be back.
    I actually prepared for your return by bookmarking the specific threads.

It begins here.

In this thread, the OP questions his ban from AH.
    There are various links and the reason for the ban is given.

He also states that I was being racist in the Roma threads on AH.
    They are [url=http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055122665
    ]here[/url] and [url=http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055123243
    ]here[/url].

Judge for yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭monkey tennis

Lols, what kind of loser comes back to a forum that they supposedly "have no interest in" to crow about some petty personal victory?

Jaysus, and I thought the rest of us were sad...

Yup, did a double-take myself on that one.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Terry wrote:
    Hmm. brb.

It is you.
    Ahh, I knew you would be back.
    I actually prepared for your return by bookmarking the specific threads.

It begins here.

In this thread, the OP questions his ban from AH.
    There are various links and the reason for the ban is given.

He also states that I was being racist in the Roma threads on AH.
    They are [url=http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055122665
    ]here[/url] and [url=http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055123243
    ]here[/url].

Judge for yourself.
    I have no intention of reading those links, but I am certain he deserved to be banned anyhow. In Terry we trust.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

knee-jerk PC hysteria.
    Indymedia
    knee-jerk PC hysteria.
    Indymedia
    knee-jerk PC hysteria.
    Indymedia
    knee-jerk PC hysteria.
    Indymedia

:p

OP, no-one gives a ****, kindly **** off, you're clogging the righteous arteries of boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Franz Ferdinand

You need a collective irony transplant.

Ms.Bacik is no hero of mine - her feminist left agenda is puke making. But if a femi-left screamer like her would impliciltly find the policies of Boards.ie moderators to be a bit too PC, it simply demonstrates how far off the PC scale they really are.

You say I omitted a detail? What would that be then?
    I was informed by the mods that my post suggesting the closure of muslim madrassehs (because they introduced segregated and apartheid schooling into this country) was basically "thought crime", and forbidden from discussion. My attempt at explaining this suggestion should apply to ALL religious schools was ignored, and the ban (of 6 weeks) was applied.

Within days Minister Lenihan was on the airwaves suggesting he would be closely examining the curricula at certain 'schools' which had opened in the state - and since then we've had the vast scandals thrown up by religious discrimination in school enrollments.

By the way, I find it entertaining, and typical of these crappy boards, that instead of addressing the issue you simply degenerate into the usual animal noises and catcalling.
    Moderating on politics.ie is minimal, to the extent of being barely noticeable.
    Anyone who is sick of the heavy-handed censorship on these boards should go there immediately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Franz Ferdinand

Sorry to disturb your circle-jerk by the way.
    You can go back to playing among yourselves now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ibidt wrote:
    Ivana Bacik, a woman one of the owners of this site personally hates with quite a vengeance,

Oooooooooo! Tell all.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Dental Plan!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

roflmaololwtfqtf!!!! :D

hi 5 for Karl, indymedia is full of some the biggest nut jobs this country has

also how exactly are you vindicated just because 1 whack job politician agrees with you.

until the schools are actually closed you are not vindicated

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Anyone who is sick of the heavy-handed censorship on these boards should go there immediately.
    I'm sure they already do, and I doubt they're missed.

Vegeta wrote:
    hi 5 for Karl, indymedia is full of some the biggest nut jobs this country has

I think the term nut job isn't strong enough for those lunatics.

Dental Plan!
    Lisa needs braces.

May I just ask how this tool was not site banned for threatening boards with legal action.

• Advertisement

Vegeta wrote:
    May I just ask how this tool was not site banned for threatening boards with legal action.

Did he?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Haha, look who came crawling back with his tail between his legs! Couldn't help yourself, eh?
    See ya.

So what happened to this?
    the heavy-handed censorship on these boards

Nice spot of originality there, tooting the 'censorship' horn. There's no such thing as censorship on a privately-owned forum. You're a guest here, just like everyone else.

Hope you're not too tired from fighting all that power to come back and play some more!

By the way, I find it entertaining, and typical of these crappy boards, that instead of addressing the issue you simply degenerate into the usual animal noises and catcalling.

You don't have an issue, you just brought up some ban no-one cares about from some time long ago and somehow 1 person who agreed with you makes you all wet and you somehow think there is an issue here. Crappy boards? HOW DARE YOU.

Did he?

yeah i reported the post, it was an old post but clear cut case
    It's rather a 'big thing' when you make these kind of accusations Terry, not something just to be swept aside as 'a mistake'.

Should I sue you personally, or the boards owners? (I'm deadly serious, I assure you!)

Nuke the ****er!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Did he?

Yep. Vegeta reported the post a few minutes ago. Here's the post for all you non mods.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=53624905&postcount=41

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 gavrilo princip

Some months back I was banned from After Hours for saying that religious schools in Ireland should be closed.

Since my comments, the whole issue has bust wide open in the media, and is now the subject of huge public debate.

Ivana Bacik, that scion of Irish Liberalism, is on Newstalk at this moment telling George Hook that all religious schools - including muslim madrassehs - should be closed.

I am vindicated.

This is clear proof that the moderation standards on this website are puerile, and based on bone-headed knee-jerk PC hysteria.

I just came back to make that point.
    See ya.
    Didn't I assassinate you?

I'm deadly serious, I ASSURE YOU!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Nuke the ****er!

I agree.

• Advertisement

He was banned for a month because of that.

This is his glorious return.

Advertisement