Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

'love at first sight' today

• 27-09-2007 5:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭

I was waiting for my bus today at two o’clock outside Drumcondra train station. Besides the fact there was a very intoxicated Shamrock Rovers fan who was kicked off there and waited around for about 20mins before leaving.

Anyway back on topic, I was looking down the road waiting for my bus to show when I saw this women same age as myself (19-22) and I got 'love at first sight'.
    She looked Irish, College student, Brown hair (tied back) & eyes (we made eye contact when she walked pass me to get on the bus), was wearing pink(or red)/grey Vans, light (almost white) blue jeans which went over her Vans (like not skinny jeans which is normally accompanied with Vans), Gray top with some image repeated a few times on it and a dark colored school bag. As you can guess we were both waiting there for a long time. I was backing on that she would be getting my bus but just imagine my disappointment when she got on the 11B Dublin Bus.

Thing is I cant stop thinking about her. I know in the next few hours I will forget about it but at the moment I don’t like thinking that I will NEVER see her again :(

But anyway just wanted to get that off my chest. :D

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

you romantic bastard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Thank you for sharing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭Redrocket

Mordeth LIVES!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Steven SMELLS!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Meanwhile, on the Edu>UCD section of Boards, there's a topic called "Creeped out at the bus stop"
    Why do people need to stare so much?

I was at the bus stop in Drumcondra, waiting for the 11B, and this guy, must have been in his early twenties, was waiting at the same stop. He wouldn't stop staring at me. I tried to ignore him, but I could feel his gaze. Really creeped me out. I couldn't wait for the bus to come, it seemed like it took forever. Thankfully, he was getting onto a different bus.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

bahahahahahaha

but op, poor guy...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Thanks for informing us about that. My life is now complete.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Meanwhile, on the Edu>UCD section of Boards, there's a topic called "Creeped out at the bus stop"

Oh how I wish this were true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭littlebitdull

It was only your ma !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

omg i'm in love with you.....:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Wouldn't it be gas if 'she' turned out to be a dude! :eek:

I feel your pain, OP.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

She's prolly a DCU student, you could just stand around there looking for her

Oh how I wish this were true.

How many people have checked? (Someone could make it true... )

NTM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

I checked... i even held my breath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

not14talk wrote:
    was wearing pink(or red)/grey Vans

Her what? I am obviously not tuned into this modern day lingo.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭North&South

You lot are so bloody irreverent!

Poor Op was quite happily sat there feeling dewy eyed & lovesick for the woman of his dreams & you cut up his heart with a scalpel & spat on the bits.

You should be darn well ashamed of yourselves...

Now say you're sorry!
    (Said in best 'nanny' voice!) ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

not14talk wrote:
    I was waiting for my bus today at two o’clock outside Drumcondra train station. Besides the fact there was a very intoxicated Shamrock Rovers fan who was kicked off there and waited around for about 20mins before leaving.

Anyway back on topic, I was looking down the road waiting for my bus to show when I saw this women same age as myself (19-22) and I got 'love at first sight'.
    She looked Irish, College student, Brown hair (tied back) & eyes (we made eye contact when she walked pass me to get on the bus), was wearing pink(or red)/grey Vans, light (almost white) blue jeans which went over her Vans (like not skinny jeans which is normally accompanied with Vans), Gray top with some image repeated a few times on it and a dark colored school bag. As you can guess we were both waiting there for a long time. I was backing on that she would be getting my bus but just imagine my disappointment when she got on the 11B Dublin Bus.

Thing is I cant stop thinking about her. I know in the next few hours I will forget about it but at the moment I don’t like thinking that I will NEVER see her again :(

You know way to much about womens clothes..... Are you Gay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,397 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

you should have hopped on her... bus
    :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭SpAcEd OuT

this thread and the poster are pathetic.

I'm sorry but someone had to say it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,037 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

He who hesitates is lost. Speak up next time!

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

you're pathetic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

next time chat to the girl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Jesjes wrote:
    She's prolly a DCU student, you could just stand around there looking for her

Whats this "prolly" word.. I've seen it a few times on Boards???

Anyway same time tomorrow she will be at the bus stop again... never fear:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

not14talk wrote:

You have watched too much Dawsons Creek and O.C lad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭SpAcEd OuT

MooseJam wrote:

I don't know if thats a good idea the fact that the OP felt the need to post up this story leds me to believe that any contact with said girl would probably result in a restraining order and a very worried girl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭not14talk

You know way to much about womens clothes..... Are you Gay?
    Ah no, just was thought her style in clothes was cool & funky tho in saying that alot girls have that style.
    you're pathetic!
    Explain
    Why do people need to stare so much?

I was at the bus stop in Drumcondra, waiting for the 11B, and this guy, must have been in his early twenties, was waiting at the same stop. He wouldn't stop staring at me. I tried to ignore him, but I could feel his gaze. Really creeped me out. I couldn't wait for the bus to come, it seemed like it took forever. Thankfully, he was getting onto a different bus.
    LOL :D tho UCD and me being on the north side?
    Note taken, tho always feel like a tool when trying to chat up a girl.

Also I missed my bus so I had to wait for the next one so I was waiting there along time about 40 odd minutes.

I figure UCD was a reasonable guess, given that the 11B goes to Belfield.

NTM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Hmm, disturbingly that could have been my sister. Sounds like her from the description and the location. Spooky.

Anyway, OP, that wasn't love at first sight. That was hardly even an experience, let alone falling in love with someone. You saw someone, you thought they were hot - that's sweet but seriously, don't try and make it into something that it wasn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

NTM

I was pretty tempted but read the rest of this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

Sure i fall in love with different women everyday. I think we only need 3 seconds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

So anyway, wtf are Vans?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

eirebhoy wrote:
    So anyway, wtf are Vans?

They are a make of runners. They are the skater style one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭not14talk

Love?

No I never thought that but 'Lust at first sight' doesnt sound right. I know everyone goes thro this everyday but it only lasts a few seconds/minutes and you forget about it but the fact I really liked the girls style, both where standing in the same place for a long time where there was only 5 other people there and the fact I was really bored :D

TBH I've gotten over it.

Also these are Vans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

not14talk wrote:
    Also these are Vans

Christ i hate those shoes...

and and i use prolly the odd time... only in the texts when trying to cut down on chars though.

and yeah OP, sh*t happens, you didn't make a move, deal with it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Ah if it's meant to be she'll serve you coffee next week in some obscure café you never previously went to but felt an incredible urge to go to because a flyer for the place got caught in an updraft and blew into your face and it said they had a free purple snack bar with all lattés that day and you will think: why not, sure I'll go, I haven't had a purple snack in a while.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Are they doing that deal somewhere? I don't like coffee, but if they give free purple snack bars with tea then I'll be there! Where can I avail of this offer, Daddio? I like purple snack bars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

DaveMcG wrote:
    Are they doing that deal somewhere? I don't like coffee, but if they give free purple snack bars with tea then I'll be there! Where can I avail of this offer, Daddio? I like purple snack bars.
    It is all in the future Dave, you will find it. If you book them, they will come...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,397 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Daddio wrote:
    ...purple snack...

Butt-head: Huh huh huh, he said purple snack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Stargal wrote:
    Anyway, OP, that wasn't love at first sight. That was hardly even an experience, let alone falling in love with someone. You saw someone, you thought they were hot - that's sweet but seriously, don't try and make it into something that it wasn't.
    Yes... I'm a cynical f*cker... but I have actually seen love at first sight happen and it's pretty neat to watch... But like most proper types of love it's a two way street.

It's a very unique and amazing biological occurrence... don't try and cheapen it, OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

eolhc wrote:
    you should have hopped on her... bus
    :rolleyes:
    :D

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

not14talk wrote:

Sitting in a traffic jam, Tel Aviv (Israel) 2001 and sitting in the car next to mine was something similar. If your experience is like mine you won't forget her.

If I chanced accross this one again I'd swear I'd remember where I seen her before.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

not14talk wrote:
    Explain
    I wasn't referring to you, deswalsh got a post in the way before I replied

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭digitally-yours

You should have spoken to her.

Some time in life u need to think outside the box and do the odd thing.

Some time odd things have the best results.

There was no harm in talking to her only it could have been better !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

You don't know what the future might bring. I first saw my husband over 12 years ago and was taken aback by him, we did not talk for another year and did not start dating for a year after that. Some things are just meant to be (and I am a hopeless romantic :) )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

OP: Hi, um.....like your shoes...

Hot Vans Chick: Oh thank God you came over, I've been trying to work up the courage to say hello ever since I noticed your (insert OPs choice of footwear). I think you're really cute, wanna get a latte & a shít load of free purple snacks?

Could happen.

Seriously though, life is full of opportunities and snippets of beauty. Savour the memories and try seizing a nettle every once in a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

WTF are Vans?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Fancy shoes.

Not sure how fancy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

love at first site does happen. I was at a party once when I was 15 and I seen this Canadian girl who instantly overwrote what the definition of beauty was in my mind, unlike the OP I approaced her and got talking. We hung out a few times for the week she had left in Ireland, we then spent 8 years writing to each other across the atlantic, we got married 2 years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

Literary colloquialism for "probably", most likely first used in print in John Kennedy Toole's Confederacy of Dunces, (1980), in the speech of one of the book's characters, the mother of the protagonist, Ignatius J. Reilly. The use of the word is meant to reflect the speech typical of white working-class residents of New Orleans, Louisiana.

So the users are most likely (prolly?) fans of the book!

Bet you're sorry you asked now!
    Whats this "prolly" word.. I've seen it a few times on Boards???

Anyway same time tomorrow she will be at the bus stop again... never fear:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

did you see some id? cause she was probably 14 doing her junior cert, and you just had a narrow escape!!! :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement