Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Which Audi A4 Model

Options
  • 27-09-2007 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭

Hows it going,

I'm looking at picking up an Audi A4 in the next few weeks I've been looking at the 1.9 TDI but also the 2.5. Checking out both the UK auctions and Ireland. Which model would you recommend?

Out of interest, any suggestions as a good alternative to the A4. For example a diesel 3 Series?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 104-66-5694

maybe get a horse & cart.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

A4 is okay with 1.9 engine. A6 really needs 2.5. don't forget the 1.8T petrols- class car, class engine without the rattly diesel noise. usually lower mileage too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

If you can get a 2.5 TDI Auto, you won't be disappointed!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Except when the road tax renewal arrrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Better selection on offer over in the UK but make sure you get a full HPI done on the car as clocking is almost common place especially with the likes of Audis which wear the high miles extremely well.

Which one to go for, 1.9 TDi or 2.5 TDi? If your concerned about resale value then the 2.5 will be hard to shift over here. Tax and insurance will also be more expensive. Would image the V6 diesel will probably be a more relaxed drive especially with the tiptrontic gear box but the 1.9 (130bhp version) is generally more than enough for Irish roads. I suppose it really depends on what kind of driving your doing.

Alternatives: Honda Accord 2.2 diesel, very smooth and quiet engine, Accord is also very well equipped. Exec model has full leather interior. Definately should be considered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

consider a Passat as an alternative, you'll get a newer, lower mileage Passat for the price of an older A4. IMO the Audi isn't worth the extra dosh.
    I'd recommend the Accord as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭siralfalot

Hows it going,

I'm looking at picking up an Audi A4 in the next few weeks I've been looking at the 1.9 TDI but also the 2.5. Checking out both the UK auctions and Ireland. Which model would you recommend?

Out of interest, any suggestions as a good alternative to the A4. For example a diesel 3 Series?

Thanks!

If I were buying an A4 it would have to be either the 2.5 TDI or 1.8T, I just don't like the VAG 1.9 TDI engines, you're changing gear all day long to try and keep it on boost

good alternatives...... BMW 320 D, Alfa 156 2.4JTD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭itarumaa

2.5 tdi has some problems:
    http://www.usedcarmart.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=3253

I have read some of these cases, more close to 200 000km though,

I would buy 1.9 diesel instead, of course it depends what milage the car has when you buy it,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭lifebook

I had a diesel A4 and the idle engine noise was shocking. Went for 1.8T Multitronics S-Line this time and I adore it. Its a total bullet in S-Mode.

The RNS-E Satnav and BT is amazingly integrated. Avoid leather unless you are fond of wedgies.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭cousin_borat

Thanks for the replies lads. Definately looking closer at the 320D now. Also considering going to UK route and picking up at an auction there.

Must check out the Accord as well. Definately don't want to have more than 3 choices or I'll get confused.

• Advertisement
Advertisement