Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Help with Quinn online insurance

Options
  • 27-09-2007 8:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭

Hey, I'm trying to sort out car insurance for my mum but I don't know what to fill in for occupation. She works as home help but quinn don't have that option in the drop down menu. :(
    Does anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Nurse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

You think that would be ok? She isn't qualified as a nurse.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

unemployed

ok....
    And selecting this won't invalidate the insurance?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

tuxy wrote:
    Hey, I'm trying to sort out car insurance for my mum but I don't know what to fill in for occupation. She works as home help but quinn don't have that option in the drop down menu. :(
    Does anyone have any ideas?

If you mean "home maker" its on the list...

• Advertisement

No that's not it. She is a home assistant for the elderly that are housebound.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

CareAssistant

Ah that makes sense, thanks very much for your help vengeance52.

ah the benifits of working for Quinns. i get to help people and make them happy...........Unlike doing it when im actually IN work :)

Ah, I wondered why you were able to answer so quickly.

• Advertisement

if you had called me in work, id have to transfer you to the wrong dept before hanging up on you. Standard Procedure ya know ;)

Yea no worries mate. dont forget to include any no claims bonus or named driving experience when fillin out the form

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

if you had called me in work, id have to transfer you to the wrong dept before hanging up on you. Standard Procedure ya know ;)

Yea no worries mate. dont forget to include any no claims bonus or named driving experience when fillin out the form

after defending quinn direct from people giving out about them i now hate them, no offence to you personally vengeance52 but every person i have dealt with there lately seems completely clueless

draffodx wrote:
    after defending quinn direct from people giving out about them i now hate them, no offence to you personally vengeance52 but every person i have dealt with there lately seems completely clueless

No offence taken, in the past year the turnover off staff in the Dept that deals with private motor quotes has increased, so unfortunatally, there is lots of new staff.

That said the management are well aware of the complaints that come in and do take it very seriously. Id say personally, the level of service has actually improved from what ive seen in previous months.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Quinn really annoyed me earlier this year. I specificly asked an agent about the company policy I was on being used as a no claims bonus against my new car, I wasn't sure if the particular type of policy would count. (stupidly didn't take name of agent)

I was glad when they told me it was ok, Paid my premium, submitted the letter from other insurance company and letter from employer. Rang Quinn a few days after posting to make sure everything was ok. Was told everything was in order (never took agents name - d'oh!)
    Got a letter a week later saying that I owed an other €600 as they couldn't accept my no claims. When I asked how would/should pay, they told me that the money had already been taken...

If it wasn't for the fact that very few companies will insure my particular car, I'd have changed policy.

Lesson: Always take the agents name down!

have to ring them today to try and force them to insure me on a car, not looking forward to having to put up with there excuses and shuffling backwards and forwards

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I'm quite impressed with Quinn at the moment. My sister had a claim against a Quinn policy holder that crashed into her car with a side impact. It was settled in less than a week.

draffodx wrote:
    have to ring them today to try and force them to insure me on a car, not looking forward to having to put up with there excuses and shuffling backwards and forwards

AFAIK, once you can prove you own the car, there obliged to quote ya on your car. dont take crap from them, if they say know, just ask to speak to a supervisor. be polite but firm.

Stephen wrote:
    I'm quite impressed with Quinn at the moment. My sister had a claim against a Quinn policy holder that crashed into her car with a side impact. It was settled in less than a week.

That how quinn make good money, they can settle quickly and save on legal or court fees. my dad had a claim and was sorted within 8days and the people dealing with the claims know what there talking about.

All in all, i think quinn have vastily improved and even though i work there, id be the first to give out when they mess up.

AFAIK, once you can prove you own the car, there obliged to quote ya on your car. dont take crap from them, if they say know, just ask to speak to a supervisor. be polite but firm.

trouble is i found the car and put a deposit on it as a month before i had got a quote for the car so started looking and found one, havent fully committed to the car as when i rang quinn they said they had stopped insuring the cars. after alot of messing me about i went to the iif and they told me to try other companies and if i get refused twice to go back to quinn so i did and when i did they said they wouldnt do it because i asked for insurance on a different car with them, such nonsense and messing about

Advertisement