Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got Fifa 08 today and ......

Options
  • 27-09-2007 9:03pm

I love it. Lots of teams it looks great and plays great also. The ball does this time feel seporate from the player. Its alot hard then before, i am playing as Blackburn Vs Burnley , first game i lost 2 0 second game i won 1 0 . You really have to work for a goal.
    Definately an improvment .

oh this is on the 360 by the way

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Hope its good, only reason i'm getting it is its the 1st soccer game out on the Ps3.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

It's bloody brilliant. Also the fact I can play as Waterford United and Norwich City makes it even more enjoyable. Plays like football and gets the thumbs up from me.

Played it alot more there, i love playing the Premier League, but i am not very good on pro, its alot harder then the last fifa. You need to play around the ball alot to get anywear. i am 8 games in with Blackburn and i only won 2 games, against Arsenal and Newcastle. Low scoring games too. Except in the leage cup were i beat grimsby 4 0 . Great fun, this sets me up for my football for the rest of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Picking it up solely to take Shamrock Rovers to the European Cup final.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

Played the demo, thought it was far too easy. Won 3-0 on the hardest difficulty on my first try, and I barely play soccer games.

Think I'll give this one a miss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Anubody with the ps3 version having server issues?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Just played it for about 3 hours solid so giving it a good go, its playable but

http://homepage.eircom.net/~kdjac/FIFA08%202007-09-29%2001-22-24-23.jpg

FFS its be bleedin easy 7 of those goals were one on ones created simply by passing the ball and playing a 343 so i coud always get a player running in one on one.

The other one was my 1st and only goal from outside the box with pats, i do admire the effort thats gone into the game but its too easy if you play PES you can hold onto the ball the work the space and FIFA rewards you too well and then tries to cheat you by letting the other team score from tip, if it wasnt for tip offs i doubt the other team would ever score.

havent played 2 player yet so hoping that saves it.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

KdjaCL wrote:
    Just played it for about 3 hours solid so giving it a good go, its playable but

http://homepage.eircom.net/~kdjac/FIFA08%202007-09-29%2001-22-24-23.jpg

FFS its be bleedin easy 7 of those goals were one on ones created simply by passing the ball and playing a 343 so i coud always get a player running in one on one.

The other one was my 1st and only goal from outside the box with pats, i do admire the effort thats gone into the game but its too easy if you play PES you can hold onto the ball the work the space and FIFA rewards you too well and then tries to cheat you by letting the other team score from tip, if it wasnt for tip offs i doubt the other team would ever score.

havent played 2 player yet so hoping that saves it.

kdjac

ur mistaking the score from last night it was only 1-0 :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

KdjaCL wrote:

i'm buying this because of the gardaí in the background of this pic :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

got fifa 08 today meself

jesus christ its absolutely awful

unresponsive tripe

• Advertisement

i'm buying this because of the gardaí in the background of this pic :D

The crowd look good, bohs fans were fighting in one game .....uber realism :D

Dont like the chants tho Pats only have 1 "barry for ireland" Rovers have loads and bohs fans just chant "manager out".
    No name chants for EL players tho sucks, altho i may it turned off.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Thinking of getting it, anyone know if it's better on the Wii or 360? I know the Wii has mini-games and the 360 has the 'be a pro' mode where you can be just one player, but I can't really decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Thinking of getting it, anyone know if it's better on the Wii or 360? I know the Wii has mini-games and the 360 has the 'be a pro' mode where you can be just one player, but I can't really decide.
    I seen the Wii one and begora it look like pure and utter Muckage! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

Eircom League Teams?!?!?! Freakin Sweet!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 CHICO FUENTES

Best FIFA game yet. As a PES man, I have to say, FIFA has come a long way baby. As for the person who won 8-0 on the hardest setting on the demo....well done. :rolleyes:

i dunno how people think this game is good

im actually shocked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 CHICO FUENTES

Helix wrote:
    i dunno how people think this game is good

im actually shocked

The demo doesnt do the actual game justice. Believe me, I've never been a fan of FIFA but they've upped their game a lot with this one.

i have the full game, not the demo

i managed to play 2 matches in it before turning it off in disgust and vowing never to take it out of the box again

slow, unresponsive, dull, clunky, no flow

urgh the very thought of it is making me angry

Best FIFA game yet. As a PES man, I have to say, FIFA has come a long way baby. As for the person who won 8-0 on the hardest setting on the demo....well done. :rolleyes:

8-1 and in the full game highest score is 19-0 vs Bray :D

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

KdjaCL wrote:
    8-1 and in the full game highest score is 19-0 vs Bray :D

kdjac

What version are you playing?

I noticed in your screenshot the game stats screen looks nothing remotely like it does on PS3. I'm wondering if you're playing the previous gen version and it's very different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

I had a small look at this passing by the stand in HMV and it seemed to me that it was just running through set animations all the time and there not really being a flow to it.

The graphics don't make the game look realistic i thought, dunno what it was about it, possible the brightness or the camera being too far away or summit(which yeah i know you can change). Although the crowd looked very good and its cool the way there is so much in the game with all the teams etc. But again i haven't played the game so i can't really pass any real judgment, my main gripe being the whole apparent sluggish-ness of the animations

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Just played this today - my little brother, despite all my efforts is a sucker for flashy graphics and hype and as such always gets Fifa....usually followed later in the year by PES:)

Anyway, this isn't that bad, In fact it's pretty good. Far better than before. I found it tough initially but then I got the hang of the controls - kept lobbing instead of shooting etc. It's still no patch on PES imo but it's a step in the right direction. I look forward to some decent competition for my cash in the coming years

ps: the loading screen - 1 on 1 is a lovely touch. Best thing EA has come up with in a long time

that loading screen idea isnt new, its been there for the last year or 2

steviec wrote:
    What version are you playing?

I noticed in your screenshot the game stats screen looks nothing remotely like it does on PS3. I'm wondering if you're playing the previous gen version and it's very different.

Its FIFA 08 on PC how is it different :confused: Other than 1920x1080 native.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

KdjaCL wrote:

kdjac

do you use the keyboard ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭Big Ears

awhir wrote:
    do you use the keyboard ?

I'd assume he uses a PS2 controller using a USB adapter , either that or he's been giving us pro evo junkies some games over the years using not only a keyboard but often an inferior team :p

4 ps2 pads
    2 Hori fighting sticks
    360 controller.

get a stupid amount of USB posts on pcs nowadays.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

KdjaCL wrote:

kdjac

The match stats look different. On PS3 it's white writing on a dark background, and the design is different too.

I couldn't find a screenshot but it's the same theme as the Wii version here

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Liking it but it seems completly unresponsive at times. I.E. press pass and it seems to think about it before doing it. Pc version as well.

• Advertisement

Can someone confirm that its impossible to score from outside the D with Pats.

I put it on amateur put my best shooters in mdifield and yet to score a screamer , got one from inside the D but that a diagnonal cheatee one.

kdjac

Advertisement