Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got Fifa 08 today and ......

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

do u turn all assits to manual?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Classic control everything on manual.

Only way i know how to play it.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

It was always going to be and always will be SHÌTE!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,340 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

First FIFA I've actually bought in a few years (even though I've played most of the others at some point and didn't like them) and I have to say I really like it. Not quite as good as Pro Evo but very enjoyable in its own right. At least EA are trying different things with the series and seem to be going in the right direction. I love Pro Evo but Konami have gotten very lazy with it IMO and keep churning out new ones almost identical to the last.

Fair play to EA though. A few years ago FIFA was virtually unplayable but its been getting better every year since. Pro Evo has stood still IMO even though it is still the better game. Not by the enormous margin it was a few years ago though.

I am onto my second season on Fifa 08 now so i have played it alot more so i am seeing all the serious issues with it .The passing can be terrible at times. You can have 2 players totally un marked and when you pass the ball, you pass the ball to the other team. Not only that, sometimes you have 2 players and 1 of them heavely marked, of course the ball goes to him .

With regards to shooting , it is alot harder to score a goal especially when you player likes to kick it in the direction of the keeper.

Last but not least. This has me pulling my hair out. The AI for your opponents is alot smarter then the AI on your team. Meaning ... the ball is loose , you have 3 free players and your opponent has one. 2 of your players will stand there. You try to change to the closest player but, it doesnt change to him it changes to a different player. Alot of the problem have me pulling out my hair .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

set passing to manual(pass goes where you aim it) and change shots to semi or manual.
    you can use the right stick to change to a player, just move it in the direction you want to change, this will give you a choice of who you want to select.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Liking it but it seems completly unresponsive at times. I.E. press pass and it seems to think about it before doing it. Pc version as well.

Hmmm I am getting that too on the Full PC version but the 360 Demo has non of it. I was putting it down to my PC acting the maggot with the 360 Controller for Windows

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

KdjaCL wrote:
    Can someone confirm that its impossible to score from outside the D with Pats.

I put it on amateur put my best shooters in mdifield and yet to score a screamer , got one from inside the D but that a diagnonal cheatee one.

kdjac

I got with Faz for Sligo Rovers in one of my first games but cant get near since

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

KdjaCL wrote: »
    Can someone confirm that its impossible to score from outside the D with Pats.

Not impossible on the wii. In fact Ndo is making a habit of it. (3-5-2 formation with ndo behind fromt two)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Liking this game alright. Bought 07 last year and was kicking myself for ages as I found it to be crap.
    Seems MUCH improved this year. I like how the games have slowed down. Have played 3 games over Live and they've all been 1-0. 2 Wins, 1 Defeat which makes them great tense games. The thing that bothers me though is how sometimes I just don't feel I have enough control over the players. Passing at times takes ages !

Didn't enjoy the PES2008 demo tbh but will buy it anyway. PES has never let me down before but this year...things a very close.

• Advertisement
Advertisement