Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruises on legs after running

• 27-09-2007 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭

I run a bit, perhaps about 4/5 miles at a time, two or three times a week.

last week i noticed five big bruises on my left tigh, i had no idea where they came from.

Tonight i come home after 4 mile jog and 3 mile walk and notice that there are two huge bruises on the back of my left leg just below the back of the knee.

Does anyone think these bruises could be recieved from jogging/stretching?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭depadz

any pain? Are they purple?

they could possibly be as a result of small tears in the underlying muscles.

Would be worth getting it checked by a physio. Its not normal to get them as a result of running.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭trilo

No they're not purple, just a regular colour bruise as if i got a knock.
    Anemia someone thought, but my iron is okay... I'll jsut keep an eye on it i suppose and then if it is persisent and i know for sure it happens after running i'll go get it checked out.
    Thanks for your reply. Appreciate it.

Advertisement