Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

26" hooked to PC via VGA

Options
  • 27-09-2007 9:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hi guys

I'm not sure if this is counted as home cinema or PC tech---I'm kinda new to this so be nice:)

I just bought a 26" LG LCD TV from Pixmania. http://www.pixmania.com/ie/uk/529571/art/lg/26lc3r-lcd-tv.html

It has a VGA input on the back. Will hooking this up to my PC as if it were a monitor, allow me to watch DVDs PROGRESSIVELY.

The reason I ask is that I usually use VLC Media Player, and it offers the option of DEINTERLACING. Does this mean that standard playback is interlaced? And more confusingly, some DVDs have progressively-scanned video, and some don't (usually older DVDs).

I do have a DVD player that handles DivX and Xvid. It also has a Component Out (Y Pr Cr) and a VGA out. however, it is a cheap Lidl make and it's not reliable. Plus I would rather be able to feed vids straight off the hard drive.

Thanks for any help you can provide, and apologies again if this is the wrong section.

Advertisement