Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Harry Chapin Fans Out There?

Options
  • 27-09-2007 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭

Any Harry Chapin fans out there.................?

If so, what's your favourite songs?

This guy was a genius when it came to telling stories to music.

A Better Place To Be, Mr. Tanner, Taxi, I Wanna Learn A Love Song, Corey's Coming would all be top of my list...............What's your's?

I know Volvo Boy will have one or two :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

Hahaha!:D, yea i have a good few of his albums, Ledends of The Lost And Found and Titanic on LP you really cant beat it! the 1st song that got me into harry was ''Cats in The Cradle'', but for my fav Chapin would have to be ''Blues Man'', sheer class!

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=_wLtvgSxafQ

few more of my favs, Odd Job Man, 30,000 Pounds Of Bananas, Six String Orchestra, Story Of a Life,

Harry Chapin was a outspoken musican, and a great humanitarian(sp) when the likes of Bob Geldof where on the T.V telling people to ''give us your ****in' money'' harry was giving all his money to World Hunger, a orginisation that harry set up on his own accord, if there were more people like him around today, who knows hunger and stupid chipmunk music would of been a thing of the past!

-VB-

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Please tell me you have Greatest Stories Live.......... Best album - EVER!!

'twas my 1st Album! But the ledends of the lost and found is still a class act.

-VB-

Volvoboy wrote:
    'twas my 1st Album! But the ledends of the lost and found is still a class act.

Yep - both are great albums. If Harry was driving a Volvo instead of a VW Rabbit (Golf) he might have survived! RIP Harry - thanks for the stories.

Listen to John Wallace on this one - not as good as the performance on Greatest Stories, but still......

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea6cgfU8bC4

• Advertisement

Great tunes! Look up ''What Made America Famous'' nice acoustic version.

-VB-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

Saw him in concert in the National Stadium. One of the best concerts ever!

'Mail Order Annie', 'Mr Tanner' and 'Corey's Coming' are absolute classics! Still bring a lump to my throat.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

The cats in the cradle is the one of my favs but it's W.O.L.D. (i am the morning dj ...) that i love from the memories of around 1974 ..very surprised when i have played this to a few people of my generation and they dont remmber it .........losers lol

Another song in the same vein that brings a lump to my throat is Harry Nillsons '' All i think about is you ''

Anybody else Like W.O.L.D. ?

Saw him in concert in the National Stadium. One of the best concerts ever!

I'd say that was some gig. I never got to see him live as I was only 11 when he died. I'm gonna have to convert my Legends of the Lost and Found LP to MP3 one of these days - I don't get to listen to it often enough these days and apparently it's not available on CD.

Advertisement