Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nutrition 101

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 AbbyJH

Just found this Vegan Smoothie, great for a treat or with breakfast that will help you feel full until lunch.

With this, you will:

Learn how to prepare the best vegan protein smoothies at home without using any dairy,

Learn how to make a tasty, protein-packed vegan smoothie from scratch.

Discover the ideal drinks to use, as well as how to incorporate healthy fats, fruits, vegetables, nuts and seeds, legumes, and more.

Learn how to incorporate healthy protein powders into your smoothies.

Learn how to add protein powders to your smoothie to make it more filling and offer it a nutritional boost, keeping you fuller for longer.

Learn which vegetables make the finest smoothies.

Learn which vegetables are ideal to combine and which flavors complement them best for greater energy and better health.

There is little to no added sugar and no artificial additives in these protein powders!!!

(Which is the part I like the best!)

Let me know if you want to give it a try and I can send ya the link. 😀😀😀

I'm new here and can't post links, yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 AbbyJH

Definitely go for whole wheat pastas and wild rice instead of white rice....

I switched to whole wheat bread and found that it is more satisfying.

I never used to like the taste of it before I switched, but glad that I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭GoogleBot

Have you ever tried eating real bread by buying organic wheat grains, mill and bake at home?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 MrNutrient

A lot of people trying to lose weight focus on cutting back on fats. Focus instead on cutting carbs. Restricting carb intake works. Additionally, by continuing to eat fat (and protein) you'll feel fuller and your hunger will be satisfied.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 MrNutrient

You are correct in that there is some evidence that calcium affects the absorption of iron - they compete for the same receptors. Ideally supplements of each should be taken a couple of hours apart. Maca root has a lot more going for it than just iron and calcium, though, so I think it's worth it to take maca root. If iron is an issue than you can additionally take an iron supplement apart from your maca root.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭GoogleBot

I would not recommend taking calcium or iron as supplements. Calcium very cheap electrolyte available in variety of foods daily. Iron also cheaper to get from food such as liver. Iron very hard to get rid of, if you over consume iron supplement, you might encounter health problems long term. If you need more Calcium perhaps safest way to take D3 with K2. D3 will boost Calcium absorption and K2 distribute correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 MickyBest

Why not eat more cottage cheese and blood sausage? That's sure to give you calcium and iron.

Advertisement