Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

question about a radio

Options
  • 27-09-2007 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭

my mates car has had a aftermarket radio put in, its working alright now I know when this is done youre meant to use a memory keeper ofr something or have the codes, anyway the radio cant store presets well not for a very long time anyway anybody know if this is just a wire not connected at the back of it or what exactly is causing it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

there should be a permanent 12V coming into the radio. there are 2 12V wires going to the stereo. One from the ignition to turn the car on and off when the key is turned, and another coming directly from the battery to power the memory, and allow a CD to be ejected when the ignition is powered off.

What make is the car? and does the radio turn off when the ignition is turned off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Is it a VAG car? If so, swap around the red and yellow wires.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

same if it's a FIAT

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

its a 97 polo,
    and yeh its not wired direct it turns of with the ignition
    so yes I will try that if they allow me rip theyre dash apart

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭daedalus2097

Ooh, don't go ripping the dash apart :) Use the tools that came with the radio to take it out. If your friend's lost them then make some out of thin bits of metal or enjoy your ripping ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement