Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gas boiler problems

Options
  • 27-09-2007 10:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I had a leaking radiator (or what is the right word anyway) and my friend came to fix it, we disconnect the water flow under the boiler at ground floor and fixed the leak and also did get the air out of the radiator. Then my friend put the lever back to its original position.

Now the boiler does not start and the pressure seems to be really low in the boiler, before it was under 1 bar, but now it is around 0.4 bar and boiler goes on but it does not start to heat up the house.

Any ideas what I could do?

UPDATE: fixed the problem, I pressed the red button and boiler started, how ever pressure is still only 0.5 bar.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭garyh3

Hi itarumaa

You need to top up your boiler. There should be a top-up valve near the boiler or as mine in the hot press. The boiler will not turn on with pressure below .5 bar. You need to put in a little water back into the system to replace the water you took out from getting the air out.

.75 or 1 bar is about the norm before you put the boiler on.

hope this helps

Garyh3

Advertisement