Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medion

• 27-09-2007 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

Hi guys i bought a medion sat-nav in Aldi 2 years ago , but it dont have say ..... some not very isolated places ,like small country roads and towns lands , any one have one of these units (Medion MD95900 ) and if it can be updated went on to medion website and phone them but got no joy :confused:

Thanks guys

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭walshki

webmanie wrote:
    Hi guys i bought a medion sat-nav in Aldi 2 years ago , but it dont have say ..... some not very isolated places ,like small country roads and towns lands , any one have one of these units (Medion MD95900 ) and if it can be updated went on to medion website and phone them but got no joy :confused:

Thanks guys
    This is very similar to the Maplin GPS that was much discussed on the bargain alerts thread Link

I don't know about updating the medion software itself. Note the discussion about updating the unit to Tomtom. This should be possible on your unit aswell but you'd have to use a slightly different method at the start to get the windows CE desktop. I googled and found this link Link. After you get the windows CE desktop on your device you just follow the rest of the instructions on this link Link for getting the tom tom software onto a memory card and onto your system.

It'll require a little work but should be possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭webmanie

Thank you walshki , Its looks good , ....... i will give it a try , i can always go back to my old state if needs, there is a lot of small roads not on the MD95900 , thanks again ,

Webmanie

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭webmanie

Hi guys, im back again, i got a memory stick with the new road maps (ireland) and when i put it in to my medion sat-nav it keeps asking for instatlion files , and wont work, i have went tru the steps some guys gave me and its not working , ne one with ideas ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭walshki

When you say updated maps do you mean updated medion maps?

Anyway, if that is the case then take the original SD card in the medion. Back it up to your PC. Now copy the new maps folder you have over the one on your SD card and slot it back into the medion. In theory this should work (has done for me whenever I've updated my tomtom). You can't just put a memory card with only the new maps in as the memory card has to contain all the files for running the sat nav software also. In summary you need to maintain the file structure of the original SD card and just overwrite the maps.

The other alternative is that the maps you have aren't for the medion software. If this is the case then you would have to go through the steps mentioned in my first post (get the windows CE desktop etc, etc.).

Other than this I couldn't suggest anything obvious.

Advertisement