Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Office Professional 2007 for Cheap

• 27-09-2007 11:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

does anyone know the best place to get Microsoft Office I need to get it for college?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

www.software4students.ie
    Its a microsoft site.

open office is free tho.. and does all the same stuff.. and its not microsoft! www.openoffice.org

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 gofast

I've heard open office is a bit of a nightmare with features and doesn't work with all file types - €60 looks ok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

gofast wrote:
    I've heard open office is a bit of a nightmare with features and doesn't work with all file types - €60 looks ok

Rubbish.

I use it all the time for various different document types and have never encountered a problem, bar Office 2007 formats.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

gofast wrote:
    It's improved a lot since early versions.
    Try working with different versions of word / excel with tables / macros :mad:

Base in openoffice is not a replacement for access.
    Draw in openoffice won't handle Visio files but it has the same basic functionality and similar to use
    publisher I don't like

Outlook is a no brainer if you have an exchange server,

OpenOffice will beat office 2000/2003 when you try to open a damaged word /excel/ powerpoint file

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

gofast wrote:
    Currently working on an essay. Only has Microsoft Office at college. So stressful when you get used to OpenOffice. The main thing is changing style settings for all headings and not just one.

Anyway, make that €0! The commercial version of OpenOffice -- also from Sun Microsystems -- is StarOffice. Saw a boxed version in Eason's not too long ago for around €80. It's free for academic use however.

• Advertisement
Advertisement