Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sig Pistol required

Options
  • 27-09-2007 11:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of a Sig P22 X5 in 9x19 in the country for sale. PM me, my mate has licence and cash waiting.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

It's not this by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

The Irish agents for Sig Sauer pistols are Griffin Hawe Ltd. in Athy,

Might be worth a call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

needs to be in the country he has cash and licence but super may not issue article 7

cheers though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

needs to be in the country he has cash and licence but super may not issue article 7

cheers though

Why not?

If the Super has issued a licence, why wouldn't he issue an Article 7?

AFAIK, Firearms dealers don't hold stock because of DoJ restrictions, so the only way to get one is S/H.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

If the super has issued a licence, he is legally obligated to issue a europass and an article 7 on demand of the licencee.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭packas

Exert from SI No. 362-1993 EUROPEAN COMMUNITIES (ACQUISITION AND POSSESSION OF WEAPONS AND AMMUNITION) REGULATIONS, 1993

9. (1) The European Firearms Pass shall be set out in the form in the Schedule to these Regulations.

(2) ( a ) Where a person is granted, or is the holder of, a firearm certificate under the Firearms Acts, he shall be entitled to be issued by the Superintendent of the Garda Síochána for the district in which he resides with—

(i) a European Firearms Pass containing the required particulars; and
    (ii) a document stating that the holder of the firearm certificate has the consent of the competent authority of the State, for so long as the certificate remains in force, to any purchase or acquisition by him in another Member State of any firearm or ammunition to which the certificate relates; and an application for the issue of a document falling within clause (i) or (ii) may be made at the same time as an application for a firearm certificate or at any time subsequently while the certificate remains in force.

NOTE:

9. (2)(a)(ii) refers to the Article 7

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭MortgageMan

Hi Bunny

There may be an X6 available for sale, if you are coming up on Wednesday to Hilltop I will give you details or pm me for info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Our super has refused to issue an individual an article 7 to import a pistol. Don't know anymore than that. Lets be honest though when did legislation bother them ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

Talk to a solicitor or the NARGC, if you're a member.

Advertisement